Congratulations on your newborn! What better way to welcome them into your life than with a good and reliable baby cot to nestle in for 12 to 15 hours per day? It’s vital that you purchase a safe and sturdy one, and perhaps one that will ensure they are comfortable throughout the day. Here’s a list of options for the best baby cot in Singapore that you can purchase today!
But first, what is a baby cot?
Today, there are many bedding options for babies. This includes cradles, cots, and cribs.
A baby cot, or an infant bed, is a small bed for infants and very young children. It’s more common for cots in Singapore to be convertible and portable, as opposed to the heavier and more rigid cribs.
Depending on the available functionality, a cot can be converted to a playpen, junior bed, or even a sofa bed.
What to consider when looking for the best baby cot in Singapore
1. Safety features
This should always be on the top of your priority list!
Did you know that cots have their safety standards too? hen searching for the best baby cot in Singapore, look out for the labels that adhere to the Cots Safety Standards — EN716, ASTM 1169, and ISO 7175.
These labels are essentially the codes for the guidelines and regulations for consumer products, overseen by international organisations.
If you’re given a cot or have bought a second-hand one, check that it also meets current standards by looking at the Consumer Goods Safety Regulation Booklet.
Cots that do not meet these requirements often have many risks, including the use of lead paint, gaps that children may be caught in, or sides that are too low that allow children to climb over.
The last thing you want is for the cots to pose as a danger instead of a safe space!
It may be intuitive to purchase a cot that’s suitable for the current weight and height of your baby. However, there are some other factors you should consider too.
First, look into the long-term use of the cot — can it last for the next few years as your baby grows? Or perhaps you will want one that can hold more than one child during the next couple of years?
Next, how big do you want the cot to be compared to the size of the room? Would you like to fit other pieces of furniture in the room?
With these considerations in mind, convertible cribs are also common in Singapore. They “grow” together with the baby, transforming into daybeds, playpens, and even a full bed frame simply by making some minor adjustments!
A new cot typically comes with a 5-year warranty. Like all new products, warranties are important to ensure that you get the best quality possible. This is also especially important for nursery furniture, as it largely concerns your child’s safety.
If your budget is tight and you have purchased a cheap baby cot here in Singapore — perhaps a second-hand — it’s a good idea to check how much remaining warranty coverage the product has.
The 10 best baby cots in Singapore (2020)
- Base of the cot can be adjusted to two different heights
- Dimensions: 124cm x 66cm x 79cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended for 0-3 years old (maximum 20kg load)
If you’re looking for a simple and affordable baby cot in Singapore, this IKEA baby cot is one that you can consider.
Its cot base can be placed at two different heights, depending on the height of your baby as he or she grows. This cot base is also well-ventilated, ensuring that your child is offered a cool environment for a pleasant sleep.
With its minimalist design, rounded corners, and bevelled edges, it is a product that will look great with any interior decor! The cot is also easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- Four adjustable base heights (35cm, 42cm, 47cm, and 52cm)
- Five different functions: baby bed, play bed, diaper changing station, swing bed, and travel carrier
- Dimensions: 92cm x 68cm x 78cm (L x W x H)
- Easily assembled using folding system
Using a quick-zip and easily-foldable design system, this BP Oliver Ergonomic Co-Sleeper is highly portable and great for parents who will be on-the-go often with their child!
With extendable legs and safety bed straps, the bed can be secured to the parents’ bed. This ensures extra security and minimal movement of the baby’s bed throughout the night. There is also a mesh window that allows parents to keep a lookout for the baby’s movement and facilitate ventilation.
A built-in rocker is also installed in its legs, coaxing the baby to sleep without constant manual shaking from the parents!
With a comfortable mattress and high-quality fabric, your baby is in for a real treat every night!
3. Palette Box Sweet Dreams 7-in-1 Convertible Baby Cot
- Four adjustable heights (28cm, 43cm, 58cm, and 79cm)
- Seven different functions: bed for newborn, bed for 3-6 months, bed for 6-9 months, sofa bed/kid’s bench, co-sleeper, junior bed, and study table
- Dimensions: 125cm x 67cm x 105cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended age: 0-6 years old
Searching for the best baby cot in Singapore that can last until your infant grows into a toddler? This Palette Box Sweet Dreams 7-in-1 Convertible Baby Cot is the one for you!
It’s easily converted to seven different uses, catering to your child’s needs at any point in time. It can also be easily moved around the house as it comes with removable and lockable castor wheels.
The baby cot is made from New Zealand pine wood and coated with a white non-toxic paint.
4. Happy Dream 4-in-1 Convertible Baby Cot
- Three base height adjustments (28cm, 38cm, and 50cm)
- Four conversions: baby cot, toddler bed, kids’ bench, and playpen
- Dimensions: 137cm x 76cm x 117cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended for 0-3 years of age (maximum 40kg load)
This multifunctional Happy Dream baby cot can be converted to four different uses: a baby cot, toddler bed, kids’ bench, and a playpen.
It also has removable and lockable castor wheels, making it easy to glide and move around the room.
With three possible height adjustments for its base, it’s easily adaptable to the height of your child. Its rails are food grade too, ensuring safety for your growing baby!
Made from New Zealand pine wood, you’re guaranteed a sturdy product that’s also easy to clean.
- Three height adjustments (26cm, 41cm, and 56cm)
- Durable teething rails on both sides
- Dimensions: 125cm x 70cm x 101.5cm (L x W x H)
- One-handed drop-side mechanism
Suitable for children from birth and up to a weight of 60kg, this baby cot will be your baby’s trusty companion until he or she grows up!
With an easy one-handed drop-side mechanism, the cot is easily convertible to five different uses. As it comes with teething rails, the product is also safe for your baby’s teeth and gums!
In addition, the noiseless castors with brakes will allow you to move the cot from one location to another with ease, without waking your baby.
Made from New Zealand pine wood and MDF board (Medium Density Fibreboard), the cot has a good and steady structure for your baby to nestle in.
6. BabyBjorn Travel Cot Light
- Simple to set up and fold up
- Removable and washable travel crib material
- Dimensions: (Assembled) 112cm x 82cm x 14cm; (Folded) 60cm x 49cm x 14cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended for 0-3 years old
If you’re looking for the best baby cot in Singapore that’s light enough to travel overseas with, this BabyBjorn baby cot is something to consider!
Weighing at only 6kg, it can be folded into a bag and carried around, and is also easy to assemble. Lift it out of the bag and it automatically springs into place in one simple movement.
It also comes with a mattress that can be well-fitted into the cot. Made using a polyester fabric, it can even be washed in the washing machine if it gets dirty from drool or dirt!
7. Yamatoya Soinel Long Bedside Baby Cot
- 15 height adjustments
- Extendable baby cot
- Dimensions: (Unextended) 96.9cm x 51.5cm x 100cm; (Extended) 136.8cm x 51.5cm x 100cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended for 0-4 years old (maximum 20kg load for base and 5kg for bottom shelf)
One unique feature about the Yamatoya Soinel Long Bedside Baby Cot is that it can be extended to be put alongside an adult bed. Not only does this allow more space for your baby to move about, it also encourages co-sleeping, which is a great way to build a strong bond between you and your baby!
With up to 15 height adjustments and a gate that can be installed and removed easily, it can be adapted to match your own bed’s height and connect with your bed.
The cot is available in white and a natural wood colour.
8. Babyhood Riya 5-In-1 Cotbed
- Two base height adjustment
- Convertible to five different uses: bassinet, cot, toddler bed, day bed, and two-seat sofa
- Dimensions: 138cm x 76cm x 90cm (L x W x H)
- Single hand drop side
This Babyhood Riya 5-In-1 Cotbed is extremely versatile, and can be converted to suit your baby’s needs as he or she grows.
This Scandanavian inspired modern cot has a smooth single hand drop side, which is practical and safe to use. Made of New Zealand timber and available in white and grey (two-toned with beech), its design is suited for any contemporary interior.
9. Micuna – Dolce Luce w/ Relax System (LED Night light)
- Two base height adjustments (33cm and 53cm)
- Dimensions: 120cm x 60cm (L x W)
- Tilt positions (7 degrees to 10 degrees)
- Removable and lockable castor wheels
If you’re looking for a baby cot that can be easily transported around the room, this Micuna baby cot is one that you can consider!
It has four wheels (two with brakes), allowing it to be easily pushed around the room. What’s more, it has a cot base that can be reclined, providing a better resting position for children who suffer from reflux or colds.
Fitted with a LED lighting system, it also provides a warm illumination to infants throughout the night.
10. Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Bed
- Four adjustable mattress positions
- Convertible to three different uses: crib, toddler bed, and daybed
- Dimensions: 136.2cm x 75.3cm x 88.6cm (L x W x H)
- Recommended maximum height of baby’s reach at 90cm; weight at 22.7kg
This Hudson Crib comes with a toddler bed conversion kit that allows the bed to be convertible to three different functions.
Designed with a mid-century appeal, it’s suitable to any contemporary interior decor. Made with New Zealand pine wood and safe from lead and other toxic finishes, it’s a strong and reliable cot for your baby to rest and grow in for the next couple of years.
Where else to buy the best baby cot in Singapore
Based in Singapore, Jarrons & Co. is a retailer that specialises in designing, contract manufacturing, and procuring high-quality products for infants and young children.
The company aims to offer innovative and affordable products for children and parents. Jarrons & Co. has one showroom here in Hougang, and offers islandwide delivery for purchases above $60.
Depending on the merchandise, Jarrons & Co. caters for warranties and exchanges, ensuring that you get your money’s worth!
Mothercare is a leading global baby merchandise retailer. With over 50 years of experience in the industry, the company carries products ranging from maternity clothes to feeding equipment for babies.
They also sell products such as strollers, car seats and carriers, bedding, bath and changing apparel.
With a strong presence in the market, you’re bound to find the best baby cot in Singapore here for your baby. With 10 outlets in Singapore, you won’t have to travel too far to shop here!
- 10 Best Armchairs in Singapore From $189.90 (2020)
- 9 Best Computer Desks in Singapore From $33.50 (2020)
- 10 Best Laptop Stands in Singapore (2020)
- 10 Best Treadmills in Singapore For Your Home (2020)
- 9 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in Singapore From $95.90 (2020)
- Elite Car Ventures Review: Hassle-Free Car Servicing at Reasonable Prices
- 10 Best Wine Chillers in Singapore From $123.90
- 10 Best Ergonomic Office Chairs in Singapore From $99.90 (2020)
- 12 Best Vacuum Cleaners in Singapore From $109 (2020)
- 10 Best Car Workshops for Car Servicing in Singapore (2020)
- The 7 Best Toilet Sink Brands in Singapore (2020)
- 10 Best Exercise Bikes in Singapore From $39.90 (2020)