Doing laundry is one of the most tedious chores around, especially if you have a very hectic lifestyle. Yet it’s something that you can’t avoid. And to make things worse, washing clothes is not as straightforward as it used to be.
As we wear more clothes made of new textile materials and delicate clothing, we need something other than the washing machine to get them cleaned.
We’re talking about dry cleaning. Today, we’ll be looking into what makes it different from regular ways of doing laundry, as well as the best dry cleaning services in Singapore.
What is dry cleaning?
Dry cleaning is a process of cleaning your clothes, much like doing regular laundry. What sets it apart from regular laundry is that it doesn’t involve water at all, hence the term “dry cleaning”. Despite being “dry” though, clothes are usually soaked in liquid solvents. Tetrachloroethylene, or perc, is a solvent that’s commonly used in the dry cleaning process.
This method is usually reserved for delicate textiles that react poorly when submerged in water or regular detergents. Most natural fibres can be washed with water, but a lot of synthetic textiles can degrade quickly if washed in the traditional manner.
So, dry cleaning is used to clean these textiles to ensure that they don’t get damaged.
What’s the price of dry cleaning services in Singapore?
In general, dry cleaning has become more affordable in the last few years. The price also varies depending on what you’re dry cleaning.
For instance, for Punjabi suits or sarees, you’re looking to pay anywhere between $13 and $20. The reason for the higher price range is due mostly to their ornate nature.
Evening dresses are even more expensive because of their delicate nature, with dry cleaning services usually charging $16 to $40 per piece of clothing.
Not every dry cleaning service in Singapore has the same rates, though. Some would charge more for dry cleaning Punjabi suits than for evening dresses. Sometimes, they would also offer promotions, making dry cleaning more affordable.
To help you save time in finding dry cleaning services, we’ve compiled the best ones in Singapore.
10 best dry cleaning services in Singapore to clean your delicate clothes
|Dry cleaning service||Branch(es)/Office||Price range|
|Presto Drycleaners||– Paragon|
– One Raffles Place
– Suntec City
– ION Orchard
– Claymore Connect
– Republic Plaza
– Toa Payoh Industrial Park
– Leisure Park Kallang
– Changi Airport T3
– Bedok Mall
– Lorong Mambong
– Bukit Timah Plaza
|$3 – $95|
|LaundryMart||– TripleOne Somerset|
– Guoco Tower
– UE Square
– Loft @ Nathan
– The Star Vista
– Boon Keng Road
– Woodlands Industrial Park
|$3 – $100|
|Piing (app)||Bartley Biz Centre||$2.25 – $130|
|KnocKnock (app)||Ubi Techpark||$3 – $130|
|Astoria Dry Cleaning||– Orchard Towers|
– The Makena
– Coronation Shopping Plaza
|$2 to $100|
|Sendhelper (app)||Circular Road||$3.90 – $65|
|Mr Dobi||Yishun Street 81||$5 – $100|
|Laundry Cares||Prestige Centre||$2 – $80|
|Laundry Refresh||East Coast Road||$5.50 – $43|
|Cloud Story||– Bedok Reservoir|
– The Hillford
– Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5
|$3 – $70|
Price: $3 – $95
- Open all week: Wouldn’t it be great if everything in life just fits into your schedule? Well, Presto Drycleaners allows just that. To clarify, their services are available 7 days a week. So if you need something dry cleaned urgently on Sunday, feel free to drop by their outlet.
- Island-wide collection: It doesn’t matter if you find the best dry cleaning service in Singapore, but can’t bring your clothes to them. If you’re spending at least $50, they’ll pick up your clothes for you at no extra charge.
- Services other than dry cleaning: Aside from their dry cleaning service (available in both regular and express), they also offer curtain and rug cleaning services in Singapore. For a minimum order of $150, they’ll also dismantle your curtains for free.
|Paragon||Address: 290 Orchard Road, |
#B1-19B Paragon, Singapore 238859
Contact number: 6738 6145
|One Raffles Place||Address: 1 Raffles Place, #05-02, |
One Raffles Place, Singapore 048616
Contact number: 6538 3277
|Suntec City||Address: 3 Temasek Boulevard, |
#B1-160 Suntec City Mall, Singapore 038983
Contact number: 6836 3477
|Takashimaya||Address: 391A Orchard Road, |
#04-00 Takashimaya Shopping
Centre, Singapore 238873
Contact number: 6735 7477
|ION Orchard||Address: 2 Orchard Turn #04-17A, |
ION Orchard, Singapore 238801
Contact number: 6636 8677
|Claymore Connect||Address: 442 Orchard Road #02-12, Claymore Connect, Singapore 238879|
Contact number: 6365 0279
|Republic Plaza||Address: 9 Raffles Place #02-12A, |
Republic Plaza, Singapore 048619
Contact number: 6513 8737
|Toa Payoh Industrial Park||Address: 10 Toa Payoh Industrial |
Park, #01-1213 Lorong 8, Singapore 319062
Contact number: 6354 3277
|Leisure Park Kallang||Address: 5 Stadium Walk, #B1-10, |
Leisure Park Kallang, Singapore 397693
Contact number: 6346 3277
|Changi Airport T3||Address: 65 Airport Boulevard, |
Arrival Hall, North Level 1,
T3 Singapore Changi Airport,
Contact number: 6241 7477
|Bedok Mall||Address: 311 Upper Changi Road, |
Bedok Mall, #B2-49, Singapore 467360
Contact number: 6592 0376
|IMM Building||Address: 2 Jurong East Street 21 |
#01-129 IMM Building, Singapore 609601
Contact number: 6564 8220
|Holland Village||Address: 1 Lorong Mambong, |
#01-03, Singapore 277700
Contact number: 6467 3277
|Bukit Timah Plaza||Address: 1 Jalan Anak Bukit, #B1-31 Bukit Timah Plaza, Singapore 588996|
Contact number: 6462 4277
|Westgate||Address: 3 Gateway Drive, #B2-K20, Westgate, Singapore 608532|
Contact number: 6253 2159
Price: $3 – $100
- 24-hour dry cleaning: Urgently in need of dry cleaning in the middle of the night? Well, LaundryMart can help you out. With their 24/7 dry cleaning service, you can get your dry cleaning done whenever you feel like it.
- Island-wide delivery and pickup: Moreover, if you’re planning to dry clean at least 4 pieces of clothing, you might want to consider engaging them. Regardless of the price, they’ll pick up and deliver them at no cost.
- Full curtain cleaning service: Looking to do more than dry cleaning your clothes? LaundryMart also does curtains, with free dismantling and reinstallation.
|Somerset||Address: #02-31, TripleOne |
Somerset, 111 Somerset Road,
Contact number: 9634 0565
|Tanjong Pagar||Address: #B1-18, Guoco Tower, |
1 Wallich Street, Singapore 078881Contact number: 6702 6930
|UE Square||Address: #01-39, UE Square, |
83 Clemenceau Avenue, Singapore 239920
Contact number: 6836 2256
|River Valley||Address: #01-15, Loft @ Nathan, |
428 River Valley Road, Singapore 248327
Contact number: 6702 6696
|Star Vista||Address: #01-39A, The Star Vista, |
1 Vista Exchange Green, Singapore 138617
Contact number: 6339 7688
|Boon Keng||Address: Boon Keng Road Block 22, #01-37, Singapore 330022 |
Contact number: 6294 2256
|Woodlands||Address: 38 Woodlands Industrial |
Park E1, #02-05, Singapore 757700
Contact number: 6769 6603
Price: $2.25 – $130
- Discount on your first 5 washes: If you don’t want to spend much on dry cleaning, then you should head over to Piing. They offer a $10 discount for each of your first 5 cleaning services, allowing you to save as much as $50 in total.
- Promotions: Once you’re done with your first 5 washes, you can still save a bit more with their seasonal promotions. If you decide to refer a friend, for example, you get to save $30 with 2 free washes.
- Free pickup: In addition, Piing offers free pickup. It doesn’t matter if it’s a whole basket of laundry or just one piece of clothing, they’ll pick them up within 60 minutes of receiving your order.
- Address: 13 Kaki Bukit Road 4, Bartley Biz Centre #01-08, Singapore 417807
- Contact number: 6801 4549
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $3 – $130
- App-based service: KnocKnocK makes use of an app, making it easier to use one of the most affordable dry cleaning services in Singapore. It takes only a matter of seconds to place your order on the app, which is useful especially when you’re busy.
- Free collection and delivery: Can’t be bothered to get out of your home? KnocKnocK offers a free collection and delivery service. Additionally, no minimum order is required.
- Offers a range of services: KnocKnocK is not just a dry cleaning service, but also a home service provider. They offer various cleaning services such as sofa cleaning, curtain cleaning, and carpet cleaning. If you need to do more than just dry cleaning, you can just order it through the app.
- Address: Lobby B, Ubi Techpark, Singapore 408564
- Contact number: 6719 2357
- Email: email@example.com
Price: $2 to $100
- Free collection and delivery: If you don’t have time to pick up or drop off your laundry, then Astoria Dry Cleaning has you covered. Do take note, though, that you’ll need to make a minimum order of $30.
- Services besides dry cleaning: Astoria Dry Cleaning offers a unique cleaning and restoration service for luxury bags and shoes. What’s more, this service is rarely done by the other dry cleaning services in Singapore. It’s very useful if you own expensive bags and shoes that require special care.
- Express cleaning: Astoria Dry Cleaning is also one of the dry cleaning services in Singapore that offers express service. In fact, they offer one of the fastest dry cleaning services in Singapore. For an extra fee, they can get your garments dry cleaned as fast as 3 hours.
|Orchard Towers||Address: 1 Claymore Drive #02-12 Orchard Towers, Singapore 229594Contact number: 6732 4747|
|The Makena||Address: 121 Meyer Road, #01-06A |
The Makena, Singapore 437932
Contact number: 9023 6166
|Coronation Shopping Plaza||Address: 587 Bukit Timah Road |
#03-39, Coronation Shopping Plaza,Singapore 269707
Contact number: 8858 6866
Price: $3.90 – $65
- Convenient app: Sendhelper is one of the few dry cleaning services on this list that uses an app. Through the app, you can get your clothes dry cleaned much faster and easier.
- Promotions and updates: If you decide to sign up for their mailing list, you can get exclusive promotions, such as seasonal discounts.
- A wide range of services: They are not called Sendhelper for nothing. In addition to dry cleaning, they offer household services, including cleaning and cooking services aside from dry cleaning.
- Address: 68 Circular Road, #02-01, Singapore 049442
- Contact number: 9387 5891
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Mr Dobi
Price: $5 – $100
- Free delivery service: Mr Dobi offers a delivery service for orders that are $40 and above at no extra charge. It’s a convenient way to get things done if you’re planning on doing bulk dry cleaning.
- Affordability: Compared to most dry cleaning services, Mr Dobi has one of the most competitive prices in Singapore. Despite their affordability, they don’t compromise on quality.
- Various services besides dry cleaning: Aside from its affordable dry cleaning, Mr Dobi provides other cleaning services, such as carpet cleaning, curtain cleaning, and regular laundry services.
- Address: Blk 848 Yishun Street 81, #01-128, Singapore 760848
- Contact number: 9623 6201
- Email: email@example.com
Price: $2 – $80
- Cleaning packages: If you’re seeking to get more out of your money, you might want to consider Laundry Cares. Simply give them a call or drop them an email for a laundry package quote.
- Seasonal promotions: In addition to their service packages, Laundry Cares provides seasonal promotions, where you can get significant discounts from time to time. Look out for them on their website for more savings.
- 24/7 cleaning services: Laundry Cares offers its services round the clock. So if you need to get something cleaned urgently, you can drop by their outlet at any time. Moreover, they have one of the fastest turnaround times in Singapore with their super express dry cleaning services. You can get your clothes cleaned as soon as the next day.
- Address: Prestige Centre, #06-03, 71 Bukit Batok Crescent, Singapore 658071
- Contact number: 9460 6785
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $5.50 – $43
- Affordability: Laundry Refresh boasts very competitive prices on the market. Starting from $5.50 for dry cleaning a T-shirt, their prices are pretty affordable and on par with other dry cleaning services.
- Express dry cleaning service in Singapore: Their usual turnaround time is 4 working days. But for an extra fee, Laundry Refresh can get it done as fast as 1 working day. For instance, if you need your suit as early as possible, and are willing to fork out a bit more, you can get it dry cleaned within 1 working day.
- Extensive dry cleaning service: Aside from dry cleaning clothes, Laundry Refresh offers cleaning services for sofa covers, beddings, and curtains.
- Address: 30 East Coast Road, #02-03, Singapore 428751
- Contact number: 6348 8583
10) Cloud Story
Price: $3 – $70
- Open all week: If you’re looking for a dry cleaning service that can keep up with your hectic schedule, then Cloud Story may just be it. They offer their services 7 days a week, allowing you as much flexibility with your laundry as possible
- Free delivery and pickup: For a minimum order of $40, you can enjoy Cloud Story’s pickup and delivery service at no cost. This is useful especially when you don’t feel like leaving the house.
- Colour preservation: Cloud Story only uses solutions that are not only deemed safe for your clothes, but will also extend their lifespan. All this without fading their colour either.
|Bedok Reservoir||Address: 741 Bedok Reservoir |
Road, #01-3071, Singapore 470741
|The Hillford||Address: 182 Jalan Jurong Kechil, |
#01-55, The Hillford, Singapore 596152
|Ang Mo Kio||Address: Blk 151, |
Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, #01-3044, Singapore 560151
- Contact number: 9689 6045
- Email: email@example.com
- The 7 Best Carpet Cleaning Services in Singapore
- 6 Best Places to Find a Part-Time Maid in Singapore
- Top 5 Reliable House Cleaning Services in Singapore
Here are other articles you might want to check out too:
- 25 Best Yoga Places in Singapore Sorted by Location
- 36 Vegetarian Restaurants in Singapore Sorted by Region
- VPN in Singapore: 10 Best Picks From $2.75/month
- 5 Best Places for Party Supplies in Singapore
- 5 Best and Reliable Painting Services in Singapore
- 20 Best Karaoke Places in Singapore to Sing Your Heart Out
- 10 Best Foot Reflexology Places in Singapore to Ease Your Aches