Are you looking for ways to cook healthy food for your family? Getting a food steamer in Singapore can be a good idea.
Steaming helps with retaining the original enzymes, minerals, and vitamins in the food. It can also make your veggies easily digestible. In turn, your body can quickly absorb the minerals in the food.
To help get the best food steamer in Singapore, we’ve shortlisted the top nine options here. Before getting into the details about the steamers, let’s go into the benefits of a food steamer.
Benefits of a food steamer
Wondering why you should consider shopping for a food steamer? Here are some of its benefits.
1. Cook almost any food
One of the best benefits of using food steamers for cooking is that you can cook any food with this appliance. For instance, you can cook vegetables, fish, meat, and even desserts with a steamer.
2. Easy to use
Another benefit of using a food steamer is that it can make the cooking process quick and easy. With a food steamer, food preparation will no longer take too much of your time.
3. Hands-off cooking
The minimal supervision required is another advantage of using a food steamer at home. Once you place the food in a food steamer, you don’t have to keep checking on it.
With the timer settings, you don’t have to worry about overcooking your food too.
4. Easy to clean up
In addition, food steamers are easy to clean as there won’t be any oil spatters. So you can expect fuss-free cooking.
Using a dishwasher? Most food steamers are dishwasher safe too.
5. Steamed food is healthy
Steaming is probably the healthiest cooking method as it preserves the minerals and vitamins in the food.
It doesn’t require any oil too, so using a food steamer can help you cut down on your oil intake.
9 best food steamers in Singapore
1. PowerPac 2.5L Multi-Functional 2-Tier Steamer
View on Amazon
- Colour: Black
- Dimensions: 21.5 x 17 x 19cm
- Weight: 1.1kg
- Safe automatic power turn-off
Planning to buy a cheap food steamer in Singapore? Consider getting this food steamer from PowerPac.
This food steamer comes with a stainless steel heating plate for cooking. Its automatic power turn-off function not only helps prevent water dry-out, but also ensures safe cooking.
With a 2.5-litre capacity, this food steamer will allow you to steam up to 16 eggs at the same time. Besides eggs, it’s suitable to steam various food like fish, meat, dumplings, buns, and vegetables.
2. Aerogaz AZ-367ST Food Steamer (Capacity 3 Tier/3L x 3)
- Capacity: Three tiers / 3L x 3 trays
- Time-saving feature with auto shut-off and 60 minutes timer setting
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
One good thing about this food steamer is that each tray is big enough to hold a standard size fish. Plus, you don’t need to use all three trays for steaming. Based on how much you’re cooking, you can just use either one or two trays.
The steamer also comes with a transparent tray cover and body, allowing you to check on your food easily. The trays are removable too for easy cleaning.
3. EuropAce Food Steamer – EFS A121
- Capacity: 1.1L water capacity
- Dimensions: 543 x 595 x 355 mm
- Weight: 1.6kg
- Bell ring alert
The unique thing about this food steamer is that it comes with a flavour scenter that helps you infuse your food with herbs and spices.
It’s equipped with an external water inlet too, so that when the water runs out during steaming, you can refill it easily.
Once cooking is done, you can collapse the compartments for easy washing and storage.
4. Tefal Stainless Steel Convenient Steamer VC1451
View on Amazon
- Capacity: 6L
- Material: Stainless steel
- Colour: White
- Dimensions: 295 x 295 x 258 mm
Looking for a compact food steamer due to space constraints in your kitchen? This two-bowl food steamer might be the one for you. With its compact design, the bowls can be stored upside down on the base to save space.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about overcooking. With its 60-minute timer, this food steamer will switch off automatically. Once your food is ready, you’ll get an audible sound alert, which makes steaming a hassle-free experience.
5. Roman Mini Steamer ST-100
- Wattage: 400W
- Stainless steel steamer
Cooking for a smaller group of people? You might want to consider getting this food steamer.
This mini steamer allows you to steam two to three dishes at the same time. It also comes with an egg tray, which can hold up to eight eggs. Another good thing about this food steamer is that it has a hard/soft egg setting, allowing you to cook your eggs based on your preference.
6. Cornell Electronic Food Steamer CFS-EL20L
- Colour: Black
- Capacity: 25L (Top: 5L, middle: 5L, bottom: 10L)
- Power: 1,510 – 1,800W
If you wish to steam your food quickly, this food steamer is a good option to consider. This food steamer from Cornell has an energy-efficient frame ring design and dual heaters that allow rapid heating, helping you to steam food quickly.
With a capacity of 25L, it’s probably the biggest food steamer in Singapore for households. But the best part of this food steamer is that two of its tray bases are detachable, meaning you can fit a tall pot inside the steamer easily.
7. Rommelsbacher DGS 855 Food Steamer
- Colour: White/Black
- Power: 230V
- Dimensions: 30 x 22 x 43.5 cm
This appliance comes with three 3L stackable containers, as well as a 1.2L bowl that you can use to cook rice, soup, and much more.
Its water tank has a capacity of 1.1L, which can last up to one hour of steaming. Prefer to steam your food quickly? This food steamer is equipped with a turbo-speed steam generation, which can help distribute heat evenly and rapidly for faster cooking.
8. Braun FS5100 Identity Collection Food Steamer
- Wattage: 850W
- Colour: White, stainless steel
- Two bowls with a capacity of 3.1L each
This food steamer probably ticks all the conditions you look for in a steamer. It ensures easy storage and usage, and has an auto shut-off function.
Like most food steamers, its baskets can be used to steam all kinds of food, from meat to vegetables. But what sets this food steamer apart from the rest is that each of its steam baskets has its own drip pan, preventing any mixing of flavours.
Plus, you don’t have to wait long for it to warm up. Its unique steam booster warms up the steamer in 45 seconds, making steaming a fast and easy process.
9. Cuisinart 5L Digital Glass Steamer
View on Amazon
- Capacity: 5L
- Dimensions: 34.9 x 33.6 x 23.8 cm
- Weight: 7.14kg
- Five pre-programmed food settings
- LCD control panel
- Reheat, pause, start/stop buttons
Looking for a large food steamer in Singapore to cook for your family? You might want to consider this 5L glass steamer.
This food steamer from Cuisinart has a powerful steam system that delivers steam from the top, allowing food to be cooked quickly and evenly. With a transparent glass pot and lid, you can easily check on your food without lifting the lid.
It also comes with pre-programmed food settings, allowing you to cook your food with just a touch of a button. Prefer to control the cooking time? You can do so with the control panel too.
Some places to buy the best food steamer in Singapore
Why not check out some of these places too to get the best food steamer in Singapore?
With an extensive collection of electronics and home appliances, you can find food steamers of various brands and prices at COURTS. Do look out for their attractive deals and promotions to enjoy great savings.
Harvey Norman is another chain that’s home to electronics and home appliances. Similar to COURTS, they also offer food steamers from different brands and at various price points.
- 10 Best Coffee Grinders in Singapore From $27.90 (2020)
- 10 Best Wine Chillers in Singapore From $123.90
- 9 Best Electric Kettles in Singapore From $38 (2020)
- 10 Best Laptop Stands in Singapore (2020)
- A-Z Michael Handyman: One-stop Provider for All Your Handyman Needs
- 10 Best Portable Projectors in Singapore From $29.59 (2020)
- 9 Best Washing Machines in Singapore From $299 (2020)
- 10 Best Projector Screens in Singapore from $13.29 (2020)
- 9 Best Massage Chairs in Singapore From $1,299 (2020)
- 10 Best Baby Cots in Singapore From $129 (2020)
- 9 Best Cordless Vacuum Cleaners in Singapore From $95.90 (2020)
- 12 Best Vacuum Cleaners in Singapore From $109 (2020)
- 10 Best Places to Buy Ceiling Lights in Singapore