Sometimes, our body will need help healing itself, and despite all the advancements of science and technology, modern medicine may not always be enough. You could be suffering from back pain, or your joints just aren’t as flexible as they used to be, and no amount of visits to the doctor could change that. That’s where alternative medicine comes in, and more specifically, foot reflexology.
Foot reflexology is an ancient form of alternative treatment that’s been around for thousands of years. It has seen a surge in popularity across the world in recent years, including Singapore.
What’s the difference between foot reflexology and foot massage?
One of the many misconceptions people have about foot reflexology is that it’s just a fancy term for a foot massage. Although they are both treatments that involve the feet, there are a lot of differences between the two.
Healing vs relaxation
Although foot massages are geared towards treating pain relief in your feet and legs, the relief that they bring tends to be short term. It’s a great way to soothe aching muscles, but if you’re suffering from chronic pain, especially ones not related to muscle pain, it’s not much help.
What’s more, the relief foot massages offer tends to be limited to your feet and leg areas. If you have aching muscles on your back or arms, you’ll need to have a massage on those specific areas as well.
Foot reflexology, on the other hand, works under the premise that your feet act as a control panel for the rest of your body. By applying pressure to a specific part of your foot, you’re encouraging blood flow and healing to the corresponding parts of your body. Acupuncture more or less works the same way, as does chiropractic care.
In addition, foot reflexology focuses more on long term wellness. It’s not something you partake in after a heavy exercise, like a massage. Instead, it’s something you should get if you’ve been suffering from chronic pain that’s been affecting your life for months, or even years.
With that, get a good healing session at one of these 10 best foot reflexology places in Singapore.
10 foot reflexology centres in Singapore to relieve your pain
|Foot reflexology place||Starting price of a foot |
|Rule of Thumb||$48 for 60 minutes |
($42 for members)
|Feet Haven||$35 for 30 minutes |
($33 for members)
|Tomi Foot Reflexology||$30 for 30 minutes|
|Step By Step Foot Reflexology||$19.80 for 40 minutes|
|Herbal Footcare||$22 for 30 minutes|
|Wan Yang||$48.15 for 40 minutes|
|Zufu Foot Reflexology||$28 for 40 minutes|
|My Foot Reflexology||$35.50 for 40 minutes|
|My Happy Feet||$30 for 30 minutes|
|Nimble/Knead||$42 for 60 minutes|
1) Rule of Thumb
- $48 for 60 minutes ($42 for members)
- Members spend less: If you find Rule of Thumb to be your liking, then you can choose to get a membership with them. The biggest perk of being a member is that you get $6 off for a session. You also get to enjoy bigger promotional offers that are only reserved for members, which help you save even more.
- Special VIP rooms: Whether you’re a member or not, you can book a VIP room at Rule of Thumb. These rooms have extra amenities that will make your reflexology session a lot more comfortable. For instance, you get to watch a movie and drink a warm cup of tea while having your treatment.
- Lavish furnishings: Rule of Thumb understands that once you’re with one of their therapists, you’ll be staying there for hours at a time. That’s why they’ve invested heavily on comfortable recliners to provide their customers with a rejuvenating experience.
- Contact number: 6295 5000
- Address: 289 Beach Road #01-01, Singapore 199552
2) Feet Haven
|Duration of foot |
|Non-member price||Member price|
- Longer sessions are cheaper: Although Feet Haven’s services aren’t the most affordable when you’re looking to get treatment anywhere that’s less than an hour, it gets cheaper the longer you go. For a 2-hour session, you only have to pay $84 than say, doing four 30-minute sessions, which will cost around $140. That’s $56 in savings.
- Membership deals: You can also save a lot more by simply applying for their membership. Not only will you get to enjoy discounted prices, but also pre-booking priority.
- Other massage services: If you need a massage on other parts of your body, you can also get it done at Feet Haven. Besides foot reflexology, they also offer shoulder-and-neck, and full body massages.
- Contact number: 6344 7311
- Address: 136 East Coast Road, Singapore 428821
- Email: email@example.com
3) Tomi Foot Reflexology
- $30 for 30 minutes
- Shorter sessions: Tomi Foot Reflexology offers 30-minute sessions, which means you’re not locked into paying for an entire hour if you have somewhere else to go. Of course, if you prefer therapy that’s an hour long, you can also be accommodated all the same.
- Convenient location: The good thing about this reflexology centre is that it’s located at the heart of Orchard Road. If you’ve been shopping for a while and your feet hurt, head down for a session to give your feet a rest.
- Contact number: 6836 6139
- Address: 304 Orchard Road, #01-94, Lucky Plaza, Singapore 238863
4) Step By Step Foot Reflexology
|Duration of foot reflexology||Price|
- Affordable price: Step By Step Reflexology offers one of the most competitive prices in the market. If you’re on a budget, but in need of a foot reflexology session, then you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Watch TV while getting your feet massaged: To make the experience comfortable for their customers, Step By Step has a TV at their outlet. So if you can’t bear the pain during the session, you can distract yourself by watching TV.
- Contact number: 6877 0775
- Address: 1 Jelebu Road, #04-11, Bukit Panjang Plaza, Singapore 677743
|Duration of foot reflexology||Price|
- Chinese medicinal herbs: Herbal Footcare uses traditional Chinese herbs in their foot baths. This adds an extra layer of benefits to your therapy session, as these Chinese herbs also have healing properties.
- Open 24/7: If you’re in the mood to get a foot reflexology therapy at 2am, then Herbal Footcare can take care of you. They’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so they can definitely cater to any sort of schedule.
- Affordable rates: Herbal Footcare also has one of the most competitive prices in the market for their foot reflexology sessions. Add that to the fact that they have a few options means you can easily choose one depending on your time and budget.
- Contact number: 6735 3973
- Address: 150 Orchard Road, Orchard Plaza #01-15/16/36-39/42-44, 02-15, Singapore 238841
6) Wan Yang
- $48.15 for 40 minutes
- Multiple outlets: Wan Yang is a well-established reflexology centre with outlets spread across Singapore. Wherever you may live, there’s probably a branch close by, making it a very convenient place to go. They even have a branch inside Changi Airport too.
- Signature technique: Because they’ve been around for so long, Wan Yang has developed its signature way of doing reflexology. For instance, they put more focus on stronger strokes on your feet’s pressure points.
- Long opening hours: All Wan Yang outlets are open until 10 pm, with the outlet in the airport being open until 11 pm. So if you’re looking for a foot reflexology after a long tiring at work, feel free to drop by one of their outlets.
|Plaza Singapura||Address: 68 Orchard Road, #06-19, Singapore 238839|
Contact number: 6339 8068
|Parkway Parade||Address: 80 Marine Parade Road, |
#03-09/10 Parkway Parade,
Contact number: 6342 0369
|AMK Hub||Address: 53 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, |
#B1-63, Singapore 569933
Contact number: 6483 2788
|112 Katong||Address: 112 East Coast Road, |
#03-23, Singapore 428802
Contact number: 6348 2609
|Wilkie Edge||Address: 8 Wilkie Road, #01-12/13 |
Contact number: 6238 3603
|United Square||Address: 101 Thomson Road, |
#B1-39 United Square,
Contact number: 6352 1866
|Harbourfront Centre||Address: 1 Maritime Square |
#02-08/12, Singapore 099253
Contact number: 6376 0555
|City Square Mall||Address: 180 Kitchener Rd, #B2-34, Singapore 208539|
Contact number: 6509 3633
|Changi Airport||Address: 65 Airport Blvd, #B2-05/06 Changi Airport Terminal 3, |
Contact number: 6242 6366
|Our Tampines Hub||Address: 495 Tampines Ave 5, |
#B1-25/26 Singapore 529649
Contact number: 6386 7049
- $28 for 40 minutes
- Affordable prices: Despite being located at the CBD, Zufu Foot Reflexology offers therapy sessions at relatively low rates.
- Services besides foot reflexology: You can also enjoy massages such as back-and-shoulder massage, as well as pedicure and manicure there.
- Long opening hours: Zufu Foot Reflexology is open between 10am to 10.30pm, which means you can head there for a good massage even in the evening.
- Contact number: 6336 5607
- Address: 45 Beach Road, Singapore 189682
- $35.50 for 40 minutes
- Membership programmes: As a loyal customer and member at My Foot Reflexology, you get to enjoy various discounts. You can either buy 6 therapy sessions and get 1 extra session for free, or 10 sessions and get 2 for free.
- Wide range of massage services: Aside from reflexology, My Foot Reflexology also offers other services like upper body and full body massages.
- Employs persons with disabilities and older workers: What’s different about My Foot Reflexology is that they also hire and train people with disabilities and retrenched older workers. If you decide to get your reflexology session here, know that you’re also giving back to the community.
|Great World City||Address: 1 Kim Seng Promenade|
#02-01 Great World City
Contact number: 6738 6235
|Midpoint Orchard||Address: 220 Orchard Road, #01-09Midpoint Orchard|
Contact number: 6736 2562
|Duration of foot reflexology||Price|
- Wide range of massages: On top of foot reflexology, My Happy Feet offers body massages that use acupressure, body scrub, and ear-candling.
- First-timer promotion: As a first-timer, you can enjoy a 1-hour foot reflexology and back-and-shoulder massage at $38 (usual price is $68). Do take note that this offer is only available on weekdays.
- Private rooms: If you prefer to have your session in private, you can request for a private or couple room too. Plus, these rooms come with individual lighting and temperature controls that can be adjusted to your liking for a more cosy experience.
- Contact number: 6462 0525, 8588 0318
- Address: 21A Lorong Mambong, Holland Village, Singapore 277680
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- $42 for 60 minutes
- Full spa experience: In addition to the foot reflexology, you may also choose to pamper yourself with their spa treatments. From full body massages to jacuzzi baths, it certainly has something you’ll want.
- Unique massage place: What’s distinctive about Nimble/Kneads is that it’s built from shipping containers. So if you’re looking for a different kind of spa experience, be sure to check them out.
- First-timer promotion: If it’s your first time visiting Nimble/Kneads, you can get a full body massage and a foot reflexology package at only $69.
- Contact number: 6438 3933
- Address: 66 Eng Watt Street #01-28, Tiong Bahru Estate, Singapore 160066
- Email: email@example.com
- 10 Best Hair Salons For Women In Singapore
- The Best Thai Massage Places in Singapore from $55/Hour
- 10 Best Hair Salons in Singapore for Men, Starting From $12
Other articles that you might want to check out:
- Hailstorm Umbrella: Sturdy, Stylish, and for Serious Umbrella Users
- 10 best water dispensers for clean and filtered water
- 10 Best Water Filters in Singapore for Clean Drinking Water
- 20 Best Karaoke Places in Singapore
- 5 Best and Reliable Painting Services in Singapore
- Maid Agency in Singapore: 5 Agencies You Can Trust
- 5 of the best tattoo parlours in Singapore