Most of us would have grown up in a household that used an iron and an ironing board. But these days, many have gone on to rely on garment steamers instead due to its convenience. If a garment steamer has been on your radar for some time now, you may want to take note of how to get the right one and options for the best garment steamer in Singapore for your lifestyle.
Things to consider when getting the best garment steamer in Singapore
1. Heating time
Just like how you would turn up the fire on the stove to heat something more quickly, the same theory applies to the power of various garment steamers. Different garment steamers take different amounts of time to heat up.
Simply put, the higher the wattage of the garment steamer, the faster it’ll be able to heat up the water. This also means you can start steaming your clothes quicker, which is a great thing if you don’t have the luxury of time. If you’re always in a rush, then one that takes 10 to 15 minutes to heat up may not be a good option.
Garment steamers come in an array of sizes, and some are bulkier than others. The size of the steamer you choose also depends on how much space you have to spare in your home.
You should also consider how your usage will be. If you need something portable, getting a light one with wheels will be a better choice, as you can roll it anywhere. If you’re thinking of just placing it at a permanent spot in your house, and have a lot of clothes to steam at one go, a heavier garment steamer would be fine.
3. Water capacity
The amount of water the steamer can hold at any point in time determines the quantity of clothing you can steam at one go.
Of course, with a larger water capacity, you only need to heat the water once, and it can steam a good number of clothes. However, do note that a large water capacity also means it may take longer for the water to heat up.
10 best garment steamers in Singapore
Now that you know the details to look out for, here are 10 of the best garment steamers in Singapore you can consider purchasing.
1. Kaisite Standing Garment Steamer
- 360-degree rotating hanger
- Helps kill bacteria
- 45-minute continuous use
The Kaisite standing garment steamer is an attractive buy due to its array of features at this price point. Not only is it sturdy, it also has a hanger that can turn a whole round. This means you don’t have to manually flip your garments to steam both sides.
You can also use it for 45 minutes straight without a refill, and it gets rid of the bacteria on your garments too!
2. Xiaomi Deerma Garment Steamer
- Foldable body for easy portability and storage
- Ready to use in 10 seconds
- Dual-use: steaming and ironing
- Removes wrinkles and removes 99.9% of bacteria
Designed like a hairdryer, this ergonomic and super lightweight garment steamer looks good and is super easy to use.
Its foldable body makes it perfect for taking it wherever you need. Going overseas for a business trip? Simply pop it into your luggage, and you can have crease-free clothes wherever you are.
One of the fastest ready-time amongst all garment steamers, the Xiaomi Deerma garment steamer is ready to use in a mere 10 seconds! It can also ensure that your clothes are bacteria-free, nice, and smooth.
If you’re looking for a quick steam, the Xiaomi Deerma garment steamer is the best garment steamer in Singapore for you.
3. Aerogaz 1.2L Garment Steamer
- Heats up in 45 seconds
- 80 minutes of continuous steam
- Automatic shut off and reset
This Aerogaz 1.2L garment steamer promises to remove all sorts of odours from your garments. Its quick 45-second heat-up time and 80 minutes of continuous steam are great for those who want to get big loads of garments steamed quickly and at one go.
This steamer even comes with an automatic shut off and reset function. It shuts off when overheated or when there’s a shortage of water — you no longer have to worry about overheating your garments!
4. Cornell Garment Steamer Fabric Steamer CGS-EL238H
- Big steam output
- Comes with power light and steam light indicator
- Non-stick soleplate coating
- Convenient ON/OFF foot pedal
- Foldable hanger for space-saving
One unique feature of this Cornell garment steamer is its foot pedal switch. Unlike other garment steamers where you need to bend down to switch your machines on and off, this garment steamer lets you conveniently step on the foot pedal to operate it.
You also don’t have to worry about checking your water level now and then. The steam light indicator lets you know when your water level is running low.
The steamer also releases a large amount of steam every time, ensuring your garments are evenly steamed.
If you’re looking for a garment steamer that doesn’t take up a lot of space and can save you some time, this is the best garment steamer in Singapore for you.
5. Europace EGS 316C Garment Steamer
- Auto safety cut-off feature
- Compact size for easy storage
- Ready to use in 45 seconds
- Suitable and safe for all kinds of fabric
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous steaming with powerful steam
With any electrical appliance, there’s always the worry of overheating. But this Europace garment steamer comes with an auto safety cut-off feature which prevents that from happening, giving you a worry-free experience.
The product produces powerful steam, with up to 40 minutes of continuous steaming. It also has a quick ready-time of 45 seconds!
Compact and easy to store, this garment steamer is the best hassle-free and affordable garment steamer option in Singapore.
6. Philips GC514 EasyTouch Plus Garment Steamer
- Glove for extra protection
- Special garment hanger
- Three steam levels
- Adjustable pole
- 25% larger steam plate
This garment steamer may be small in size, but it’s big on features and functions. It has three steam levels for you to choose from, allowing you to steam your garments according to the type of fabric properly.
Its larger steam plate is also able to cover more surface area of your garment, cutting your steam time by as much as 25%! Equipped with an adjustable pole, you can steam your entire garment easily without breaking a sweat.
7. TEFAL Handheld Quick Garment steamer
- Quick 45-second heat-up time
- Ergonomic design for easy handling
- Powerful steam that also sanitises as it steams
- Safe and suitable for all kinds of garments
Handheld garment steamers are probably the easiest and most convenient to use, especially when you don’t have much space to store and do your steaming.
The ergonomic design on this steamer makes it comfortable to hold and very easy to handle. Coupled with the fact that it’s good on all types of garments, this Tefal handheld garment steam is a viable option for last-minute touch-ups and steaming needs.
Plus, it gets rid of bacteria as it cleans!
8. Philips Steam&Go Handheld garment steamer – GC362/86
- SmartFlow heated plate for better steaming results
- Automatic continuous steam for easy de-wrinkling
- Safe on all ironable fabrics
- Compact design for storage and travel
- Continuous steam removes odours and kills 99.9% of bacteria
- 2.5m cord for more extended reach
Fancy a garment steamer that you can bring along for your travels? Then this Philips Steam&Go is the one to consider.
It may be a little on the high side in terms of price, but don’t let that stop you. This highly portable garment steamer can be used on all sorts of fabrics, and can even sanitise your clothes.
9. Tefal Garment Steam Prostyle Silver IT3440
- Vertical steam & press support for easy and efficient steaming
- Suitable for all kinds of garments
- Quick 45-second heat-up time
- Three levels of steam to fit all types of fabric
With its sleek and compact design, this garment steamer is perfect for those who require both steaming and pressing for their outfits in one appliance.
It heats up quickly too, so you don’t have to worry about waiting too long. It also has three levels of steaming to suit all sorts of fabric!
If you’re looking for multi-functionality, the Tefal garment steam prostyle is one of the best garment steamers in Singapore that checks the box.
10. Novita SS38 Garment Steamer
- 2-in-1 vertical and horizontal steaming
- Easy fold ironing board
- Up to 30 minutes of continuous steaming
This garment steamer is an excellent combination of a steamer and an ironing board. Yes, it comes with an ironing board too!
With its 2-in-1 vertical and horizontal steaming ability, you can decide how you prefer to steam your clothes. And everything folds up into a nice compact form for easy storage.
If you have the budget, this Novita SS38 garment steamer is the most versatile and the best garment steamer in Singapore with its 2-in-1 steaming function.
Where to buy the best garment steamer in Singapore
It’s always a good idea to see the physical item and maybe even test them out before buying it.
1. Best Denki
Electrical appliances are a must-have in every household, and Best Denki is one of the retailers that carry a broad range of brands and appliances in Singapore.
When it comes to their garment steamers, they have a decent range of renowned brands such as Philips and Tefal.
Whether you’re looking for a cheap garment steamer or a multi-functional one, Best Denki might be a good place to browse and shop for the best garment steamer in Singapore.
As one of the largest, most popular furniture and appliance stores in Singapore, COURTS carries a good variety of garment steamers for you to choose from.
Whether you prefer the standing type or the handheld ones, they have it all. They carry well-known brands like Electrolux and Cornell, and you can pick from the myriad of designs that best suit your home needs.
Another powerhouse of household appliances, Harvey Norman hosts a slightly smaller range of garment steamers as compared to COURTS and Best Denki.
While their variety can be limited, they carry a range of high-quality garment steamers. If you’re looking for garment steamers with a decent array of features, and don’t mind spending more, you can take a look at Harvey Norman for the best garment steamer in Singapore.
- Best Front Load Washing Machine in Singapore: 10 Picks From $379
- 9 Best Washing Machines in Singapore From $299 (2020)
- ErgoTune Review: High-end Ergonomic Office Chair That Doesn’t Break the Bank
- 10 Best Companies for TV Repair in Singapore
- 10 Best Dishwashers in Singapore From $499 (2020)
- 10 Best Water Bottle Brands in Singapore
- 10 Best Paper Shredders in Singapore From $18
- 9 Best Dehumidifiers in Singapore From $34.80
- 9 Best Food Steamers in Singapore (2020)
- 9 Best Gaming Mechanical Keyboards in Singapore From $44.90 (2020)
- 10 Best Mattress Toppers in Singapore From $34 (2020)