It’s widely misunderstood that private investigators are hired only for one spouse to find out what their partner is up to. While this may be the case for some, there are many other reasons why private investigators are hired. Whatever the purpose, hiring the best private investigator in Singapore can unearth some truths that you may not have known before.
For a start, it’s important to note that a private investigator needs to be licensed by the Singapore Police Force. Even after undergoing private investigator training, they’re still required to undergo a series of rigorous tests to be legally recognised as a private investigator in Singapore.
What can a private investigator in Singapore do for you?
1. Maid surveillance
Maid surveillance is one of the services that private investigators can carry out. Some employers may have suspicions that their maids are engaging in activity that may be concerning.
As such, they may hire private investigators to keep tabs on their maids on their off days.
2. Employee surveillance
Private investigators are also able to monitor the activity of employees. Some common techniques include tracking phone records during working hours, obtaining video footage through surveillance cameras, installing monitoring software in an employee’s computer, and performing undercover surveillance.
3. Spousal surveillance
Private investigators use various methods for this, one of which involves fixed surveillance (also known as “stakeout”). This means that they observe people and areas from a distance without being noticed.
Another method could be stationary technical surveillance, where a hidden camera and recording equipment is installed in a parked car. This is sometimes referred to as unmanned surveillance.
4. Children surveillance
With unhealthy content being easily accessible these days, you may be concerned about your children’s online activity and social life.
Private investigators can assist in monitoring your children’s online presence and behaviour. This could be done by installing tracking software that can download emails, text messages, and web history within devices.
Such software can also allow parents to view children’s real-time social activities, geographic location, as well as online purchases.
5. Finding missing persons
Private investigators can also help you locate missing persons. However, note that you’ll need to communicate to the private investigator why the person could have gone missing.
Did the missing person have tensions with the family? Did he have any unresolved financial responsibilities? Are there reasons to show that the missing person did not want to be located?
6. Gambling-related movements of family members
Gambling affects more than just the life of the gambler himself/herself. Perhaps you’re worried about a family member’s gambling habits turning into an addiction, and would like to intervene before it turns severe.
The first step is to be better aware of the gambler’s habits and activities, which a private investigator can help with.
7. Trademark or copyright infringement matters
If you suspect that another company is involved in illegal trademark or copyright infringement, you can hire a private investigator to investigate the situation.
While there are some limitations as to how far a private investigator can investigate a company, they might still be able to find sufficient evidence for your case.
Do enquire with individual private investigation companies to have a better understanding of what exactly they can do for you.
8. Investigations to obtain evidence for use in civil or criminal matters
Professional private investigators in Singapore can also be hired to source information for legal cases.
For example, they can conduct surveillance to acquire evidence for criminal cases and trial preparation. For civil matters, the scope of cases can include motor vehicle accidents, workplace accidents, and wrongful loss of life.
Best private investigator in Singapore: 9 best options
SK Investigation is one of the leading private investigator firms in Singapore. With over 30 years of history, the company keeps up to date with the best surveillance technology. The company is also connected to 3,000 professional members in over 100 countries.
From marital affairs to corporate fraud, SK offers almost 40 services for their clients. You can sit in for a free consultation for 15 minutes, where they can advise you on what you should do and what they can do for you.
Having won several awards in the past decade, this is a private investigator you can approach if you’re looking for the best private investigator in Singapore.
- Website: http://sk.com.sg/
- Address: 511 Guillemard Road, #01-31 Grandlink Square, Singapore 399849
- Contact: +65 3129 2665
- Operating hours: Opens daily, 9am to 10pm
Whether it’s a local case or one that involves foreign parties, International Investigators can devise and execute a scheme for your case.
One of the unique points of this company is their concern for their clients’ emotional and psychological wellbeing. As such, they also provide in-house counseling as well as legal counseling.
While International Investigators specialises in corporate and matrimonial cases, they cater to other investigation areas as well.
- Website: https://www.intlpi.com/
- Address: 60 Albert Street, #08-06 OG Albert Complex (Bugis MRT), Singapore 189969
- Contact: +65 6337 6608 / +65 6337 9608
- Operating hours: Open daily, 8am to 11pm
Private Eye provides a range of private investigator services: commercial investigation, matrimonial investigation, digital forensics, key personnel background checks, workman compensation claims investigation, and general investigation and surveillance services.
The company applies the latest state-of-the-art equipment and technology in their work, alongside their rigour with uncovering truths.
- Website: http://www.privateye.com.sg/
- Address: 60 Paya Lebar Road, #12-41 Paya Lebar Square (Office Lobby 2), Singapore 409051
- Contact: +65 6386 2010 / +65 9046 5299 (Jeffrey) / +65 9880 1892 (Joey)
- Operating hours: Open daily, 24-hour hotline
Private Investigator Singapore caters to various kinds of civil and criminal cases, guaranteeing sufficient and reliable evidence.
They offer many different investigation services: infidelity investigations, pre-employment screening, covert operations, background checks, surveillance and monitoring, cybercrime investigations, insurance fraud claim investigations, and even finding missing persons.
Private Investigator Singapore will ensure that you receive regular updates on developments. You’ll also obtain evidence in the form of video and audio records, photos, documents, and even witnesses.
- Website: https://private-investigator-singapore.com/
- Address: 101 Upper Cross Street, #04-03 People’s Park Centre, Singapore 058357
- Contact: +65 6536 7800
- Operating hours: Open Mon-Fri (9am-6pm) / Sun (9am-12pm)
Some of the specialisations of Asia Top Investigation LLP include matrimonial investigation, commercial investigation, and more.
Their partners — Vincent Tan and Steven Tan — have 45 years of combined experience. Vincent Tan was awarded Asia’s Top Investigator in 2012 by the American Biographical Institute, and has solved thousands of cases throughout his career.
His partner Steven Tan has trained more than 60 private investigators in the art of surveillance and evidence-gathering, both in the local and foreign context.
- Website: https://www.asiatopinvestigation.com/
- Address: Blk #04-3639, 164 Bukit Merah Central, Singapore 150164
- Contact: +65 9651 1969
- Operating hours: Open 24 hours daily
Ranger Investigation & Security Services has been providing specialised services in security and investigation in Singapore since 1986.
Despite their long history, their young leadership team ensures they utilise the latest equipment and technology to meet the needs of the marketplace.
As a company, they operate based on values such as integrity, honesty, transparency, and open communication with clients.
- Website: https://ranger-security.com.sg/
- Address: Block 808 French Road #07-183 and #06-169, Singapore 200808
- Contact: +65 6296 9582 / +65 6296 9583
- Operating hours: Open 24 hours daily
Founded in 2005, this company’s team comprises seasoned and licensed private investigators.
They have been known to gather and generate results quickly, while being thorough in their research and forthcoming with their data.
The company is proficient at criminal and commercial investigation, and makes use of the latest surveillance technology to achieve results.
- Website: https://www.dpquest.com/
- Address: 261 Waterloo Street, #02-17 Waterloo Centre, Singapore 180261
- Contact: +65 6333 3398 (available 24 hours)
AK Global Investigation services both local and international clients, and you can engage them either through face-to-face meetings or online means.
The company has been working with many respected legal firms in Singapore such as Tembusu Law LLP and Tito Isaac & Co LLP. They are also partners with an investigation and security consultancy firm in Korea.
AK Global Investigation’s services include monitoring spouses, employees, and children, as well as missing persons and computer forensics investigations.
If you’re looking for the best private investigator in Singapore that can work with foreign clientele, you can consider AK Global Investigation.
- Website: https://investigation-akg.com/
- Address: 5001 Beach Road #07-52, Golden Mile Complex, Singapore 199588
- Contact: +65 6222 7227
- Operating hours: Open 24 hours daily
This company has won several awards in Singapore and the US. Priding themselves on being one of the best private investigators in Singapore, CDiC Consultants is a member of prestigious and world-class organisations.
Their services include commercial investigation, digital investigation and computer forensics, intellectual property (IP) investigation, matrimonial and family related investigation, as well as general investigation and litigation support investigation.
- Website: http://www.cdic.com.sg/
- Address: 164 Bukit Merah Central #04-3645 Singapore 150164
- Contact: +65 6377 2723
- ErgoTune Review: High-end Ergonomic Office Chair That Doesn’t Break the Bank
- 10 Best Bread Makers in Singapore From $89 (2020)
- 10 Best Coffee Machines in Singapore From $39.90 (2020)
- 9 Best Hair Dryers in Singapore From $19.90 (2020)
- 10 Best Water Bottle Brands in Singapore
- 10 Best Paper Shredders in Singapore From $18
- 10 Best Car Cameras in Singapore From $33.17 (2020)
- 10 Best Garment Steamers in Singapore From $29.90 (2020)
- 9 Best Gaming Mechanical Keyboards in Singapore From $44.90 (2020)