Robot vacuum cleaners are popular among Singapore homes these days, as they help to clean up excess dirt and dust and you barely have to lift a finger. Some can even be programmed to clean up when you’re at work — perfect for busy Singaporeans who might just want to rest after a long day of work. If you’re thinking of getting a robot vacuum cleaner in Singapore, you might be wondering what features you should look out for.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best robot vacuum cleaners and some tips on how to choose one that’s perfect for your cleaning needs.
What makes a good robot vacuum cleaner?
1. Battery life
The first thing you should look out for is the battery life of your robot vacuum cleaner.
Getting one with a durable battery will help you maintain cleanliness in your home effectively. You don’t want to settle on an affordable product only to find that it doesn’t have enough battery life to clean your home thoroughly — that would defeat the purpose of getting a robot vacuum cleaner.
2. Cleaning performance
The next point you should consider is the cleaning performance of your robot vacuum cleaner.
Does it clean the corners of your home thoroughly enough? Does it do a proper job of cleaning your floor, or are there visible amounts of dust particles left behind?
When you’re buying a robot vacuum cleaner in Singapore, make sure that you read reviews and if possible, try out the product first.
It’s also important to look for a durable robot vacuum cleaner that lasts. This goes without saying, but having one that would break down after a few months is just not worth it.
It might be challenging to know how durable a product is without trying it out for some time. One way to find out how long-lasting the product is to check reviews online. Make sure you read reviews of the same products from different websites to get a fuller picture of the performance of the product.
Lastly, a good robot vacuum cleaner needs to have a good navigation system. Those without good navigation tend to get stuck easily and don’t do a proper job of keeping your home clean.
A good quality robot vacuum cleaner may be slightly more costly, but it’s certainly a worthwhile investment in the long run.
10 best robot vacuum cleaners in Singapore
1. ASUS AGAiT EC01 Enhanced Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Battery: 14.4V, 2500mAh rechargeable Ni-MH battery
- Adapter: 20Vdc, 1000mA, 3 hrs for full charge
- UV Lifespan: 6000 hours
- Dustin Bin Capacity: 0.3 litres
- Moving Speed: 16.5 – 18.5cm/sec
- Remote Control: Infra-red of up to 3 meters
- Cleaning Mode: Spiral, Random Wander, Along Wall, “S” Shape, Polygonal (5 modes)
- Dimensions: 35.8cm (Diameter) x 9.3cm (Height)
- Weight: 3.0kg
Looking for a functional, compact robot vacuum cleaner? This ASUS robot vacuum cleaner does the job and comes at an affordable price too. This robot vacuum cleaner has a silent feature and cleans your home in an unobtrusive manner.
2. Philips SmartPro Easy Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 24 hrs advance scheduling
- Smart Detection System 2 adapts cleaning to any environment
- Powerful Li-Ion battery 105 min operating time
- 5.8 cm ultra-slim design to clean under low furniture
- 3-step cleaning system including wet mopping function
- 4 cleaning modes to adapt to different areas
- 600 PA high power for strong suction
- Ultra Hygiene EPA12 filter
- Easy to empty dust bucket
- One button operation
This robot vacuum cleaner is not just limited to cleaning up dust particles.
Its 3-step cleaning system also has a wet mopping function to ensure that your home is spick and span.
There are also 4 cleaning modes to adapt to different areas, so whether you have tiled floors or carpeted floors, this vacuum cleaner would come in handy.
3. ILIFE Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- 2600 mAh (up to 2 – 2.5 hrs working time)
- Auto-return to charge when the battery is low
- 3 – 5 hrs charging time
Perhaps the best feature about the ILIFE robot vacuum cleaner is its auto-return charge feature. Charging time is somewhere between 3 to 5 hours and doesn’t take up too much time. With this robot vacuum cleaner, you can go about your day without worrying about forgetting to charge.
This robot vacuum cleaner also features a timer and an auto-scheduling function, so you can set your robot vacuum cleaner to clean up your home even while you’re out!
4. Proscenic Suzuka With Water Tank 5-in-1 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
View on AutoVac Bot
- 2200 mAh rechargeable
- 1200PA ultra-high suction
- Wet/dry mop with a water tank
The great thing about this robot vacuum cleaner is its 360° LDS sensor and zone-cleaning abilities. Having a robot vacuum cleaner that has a good navigation system will ensure that all areas of your home are cleaned thoroughly.
Additionally, this robot vacuum cleaner is also self-charging, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting to charge when you need to vacuum your home.
- Voltage:100 – 240V
- Dust box storage
- Battery life: 2 hrs – 2 hrs 30 mins
- Special suction nozzle: wiping and absorbing ground brush
Love Xiaomi home appliances? You might want to consider this robot vacuum cleaner from them.
This model is an upgrade from its previous models and can run up to 3 hours more than previous models. Its new “Y” scrubbing directional motion also allows for more thorough cleaning.
6. Ecovacs Deebot Ozmo 610 Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Vacuum and mop combo
- Smart cleaning path technology
If you’re looking for a robot vacuum cleaner that cleans your home efficiently, you should consider the Ecovacs robot vacuum cleaner.
It’s reasonably priced and ensures deep cleaning with its vacuum and mop duo feature. Additionally, it also has a Smart Cleaning Path feature — you no longer have to worry about missing spots and hidden corners!
7. Xiaomi Roborock S6 Pure Smart Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Smart LDS Navigation with 14 types of sensor
- 2000Pa strong suction and multi-mode system
- Synchronous sweeping and mopping, selective room cleaning
This Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner has multiple cleaning features. It ensures that your floors are clean with its synchronous sweeping and mopping functions and has a selective room cleaning option. This means if there are some rooms you want to leave out, you can make the proper adjustments.
The robot vacuum cleaner also has reduced noise so that it doesn’t disrupt the ambience of your home.
8. LG VR-66900TWA NETWORK ROBOT VACUUM CLEANER
- Smart diagnosis
- Smart inverter motor
- Upgraded dual eye 2.0
- Smarter corner cleaning
- Easy-out dust bin
- Longer-lasting battery
This LG robot vacuum cleaner is perfect for reaching all the tricky spots in your home. It has a smart corner cleaning feature and long-lasting battery life. Additionally, it also has a multi-language function, so this could also make a great gift for your elderly relatives who can’t speak or read English.
9. Samsung VR20R7250WD/SP Robot Vacuum Cleaner
- Self-cleaning soft-action
- Brush self-cleaning grinder
- Wifi Control
What sets the Samsung robot vacuum cleaner apart from any other robot vacuum cleaner in Singapore is its self-cleaning feature. Its self-cleaning grinder prevents dust and hair from clogging up the bristles, so you don’t have to clean it by hand.
Plus, it also has a Visionary Mapping 2.0 programme which helps it clean your home thoroughly. The system finds the most optimal route to clean your home efficiently.
10. ELECTROLUX PI91-5SSM 14.4V PUREi9 ROBOT VACUUM CLEANER
On the higher end of the price list, the Electrolux robot vacuum cleaner is perhaps one of the priciest robot vacuum cleaners in Singapore.
It’s equipped with high-tech features like its 3D Vision Technology which helps to detect obstacles in 3 dimensions.
Additionally, it can also climb up obstacles up to 2.2cm with its ClimbForceDrive feature. If you’re looking for a high-quality robot vacuum cleaner and have the budget to spend, this is a great model to consider.
Best places to buy a robot vacuum cleaner in Singapore
1. Audio House
If you’re looking for high-end, quality robot home cleaners, Audio House is the perfect store to browse.
Here, you’ll find a wide range of robot vacuum cleaners that are the most advanced in the market. Additionally, you’ll get to enjoy special discounts with their regular promotions.
2. AutoVac Bot
AutoVac Bot is a great place to shop for robot vacuum cleaners because they specialise in cleaning robots and vacuum cleaners.
On their website, you’ll find lots of useful information on product care, and tips on buying robots vacuum cleaners. You can also find a wide range of brands in the store. Whether you’re looking for a basic model or a high-end one, you’ll find what you need.
Harvey Norman is the one-stop-shop for all home appliances. Other than electronics and kitchenware, you can find a range of basic to high-end robot vacuum cleaner models in Harvey Norman. With over 12 stores islandwide, you can head down to one near you to compare the different models and choose a robot vacuum cleaner that best suits your needs.
That said, if you want a lasting, durable robot vacuum cleaner that does the job well, the initial investment is worthwhile. Before you buy one, remember to compare features between models and read reviews to ensure you’re getting the best robot vacuum cleaner in Singapore for your home!
- Best Spray Mops in Singapore – Top 10 Picks From $16 (2020)
- 10 Best Digital Weighing Scales in Singapore from $12 (2020)
- 12 Best Vacuum Cleaners in Singapore From $109 (2020)
Other articles you may want to check out:
- 10 Best Posture Correctors in Singapore from S$5 (2020)
- 10 Best Bed Tables in Singapore from $12.90 (2020)
- Fridge Rental in Singapore: 9 Best Rental Companies (2020)
- 10 Best Places to Buy Ceiling Lights in Singapore
- 10 Best Baking Ovens in Singapore From S$79 (2020)
- Extendable Dining Table in Singapore: 10 Best Ones from $119 (2020)
- 10 Best Oven Toasters in Singapore From $48.90 (2020)
- 10 Best Standing Fans in Singapore from $32 (2020)