Water is one of the major building blocks of life. Without it, we basically cease to exist. Whether civilisations rise or fall generally revolves around their ability to provide sufficient water to the people, their livestock and their crops. The way we go about this today may be very different from how our ancestors did it, but the thought remains the same: to provide enough water to our households. Nothing embodies this need for water more than the humble water dispenser.
A water dispenser, as the name suggests, is a machine that dispenses water. Some models can even cool or heat up the water depending on your preferences and needs. Today, we’ll be looking into the different types of dispensers and also look into which is the best water dispenser you can get in Singapore.
Why Use A Water Dispenser?
Water dispensers are so common nowadays that not many people even think about them too much. We see them in offices, hospitals, schools, and of course, our homes. But why even use water dispensers? What benefits do they bring us?
One of the most important benefits of using them is convenience. Depending on the model, water dispensers are a convenient way to store drinkable water safely. You wouldn’t have to store a large number of water bottles in one place, nor will you need to invest in a large water tank to store all the water you’ll need. Water dispensers are easy to use, easy to maintain, and very easy to store.
The Different Types of Water Dispensers
Before you can even decide which water dispenser is best for your household, you’ll need to familiarize yourself with the different kinds available. We have listed out the most common ones, as well as a table listing out their differences.
|Type of dispenser||Features|
|Bottleless dispensers||– Attached to the water line|
– Pre-installed filters
|Bottled water dispensers/ free-standing dispensers||– Dispense water from large water bottles|
– The most affordable
|Fountains/ wall-mounted dispensers||– Attached to the water line|
– Connected to building infrastructure
– Internal water-cooling systems, treatment, and filtering systems
Traditional water dispensers usually dispense water from a water bottle, usually stored on top of the machine. Bottleless water dispensers, or on-demand water dispensers, are directly attached to the water line, so it no longer needs a bottle to supply the water. These types of dispensers usually have filters inside them that purify the water to make them safe to drink.
Bottled Water Dispensers
Bottled water dispensers, otherwise known as free standing dispensers, are the most common type of water dispenser. They dispense water that is stored in large water bottles, usually with the aid of gravity to allow the water to flow freely. Mechanically, these ones are the least complicated, and usually the most affordable.
Fountains / Wall-Mounted Dispensers
Drinking fountains, much like bottleless dispensers, are directly attached to the water line. The only difference is that water fountains drain directly into the building’s waste disposal systems as well, making their systems directly connected to the building infrastructure. They usually have their own water-cooling systems, as well as their own treatment and filtering systems.
10 Best Water Dispensers for Clean Drinking Water
Here are 10 of the best water dispensers for clean drinking water that we’ve found. We’ve also included a handy table that shows you the prices of each dispenser.
|PureDew: Spoon (White)||$1,900|
|FLC Inc. Premium Water Dispenser||$290|
|Alfrex Water: Tabletop Hot & Cold Water Dispenser AF780T||$280|
|Xiaomi: Xiaomi VIOMI 2050W/2L Smart Instant Heating Water Dispenser||$65|
|3M: Filtered Water Dispenser HCD-2||$2,000|
|Pere Ocean: SAPLUM 033||$700|
|Frigeria HC66L Floor Standing Bottled Hot and Cold Water Dispenser||$390|
Standard Price: $1,900
- 3-Stage Filtration with Optional 4th Stage: PureDew’s water dispenser is constructed with a 3-stage filtration system that allows for a thorough purifying process on your water. There’s also an option to add an extra stage on the filtration system, which involves ultraviolet light, which can effectively remove bacteria and other harmful microbes.
- On-Demand Hot and Cold Water: Because it’s connected directly to the water supply, and doesn’t need a bottle to work, you basically have a supply of clean drinking water on demand. Best part of it is that you wouldn’t have to wait for a tank to fill up on cold or hot water, since it cools down or heats up the water in real time, as you are using the dispenser.
- Safety Lock for the Hot Water: If you have kids in your household, then it would be troublesome if they played around with the hot tap on this water dispenser. That’s not a problem with this model though, since it has a built-in safety lock on the hot water, keeping your kids from using it and hurting themselves.
Standard Price: $290
- Lasting Freshness: FLC Inc’s water dispenser is designed in such a way that when their specially designed bottle is affixed to it, it dynamically compresses the water within, preventing any air from the outside from going in. This lowers the number of contaminants from affecting your water, ensuring that you have pure water every time you use it.
- Water Delivery Service: FLC Inc. also has a water delivery service that compliments your water dispenser. Their water dispensers require a specific type of bottle to work, and they can deliver it to you within a matter of days. The water itself is a special alkaline water that has many health benefits over regular purified water. You can suspend this service any time without any extra charge
- Safety Locks: These water dispensers are also designed to be child-friendly with their safety locks. This prevents kids from accidentally hurting themselves when they get water.
Standard Price: $280
- 3 Water Temperature Settings: Unlike other water dispensers where if you want room temperature water, you’ll have to turn both hot and cold off, Alfrex Water’s dispenser already has 3 temperature settings available. So, if you’re looking for room temperature water, you don’t have to fiddle around at the back just to have it.
- On-Demand Water Supply: Because it’s attached directly to the pipeline, there’s no need to invest in huge water bottles. This means so long as your water supply isn’t cut off, you have access to clean drinking water through this dispenser.
- Compact Size: Aside from not needing the bulky water bottles most dispensers use, Alfrex Water’s dispenser is also very compact. This saves a lot of space if you’re living in a small apartment, where space is at a premium.
Standard Price: $65
- Quick Heating: Although its water tank could only hold 2 liters of water at any given time, there’s not much waiting if you need hot water. As the name implies, this water dispenser from Xiaomi employs quick-heating technology that can heat up the water in a matter of seconds.
- Compact Size: Xiaomi’s hot water dispenser is small enough that you can put it on top of your table or desk without taking up too much space.
- Adjustable Temperature: Depending on your needs, you can also adjust the temperature easily. You can choose to have lukewarm water for regular hydration, fresh boiled water for coffee or instant noodles, and the highest heat setting for brewing tea leaves.
Standard Price: $2,700
- 4-Stage Filtration System: Hydroflux’s H-2300 water dispenser makes use of a 4-stage water filtration system that helps ensure the water you drink is clean and free from anything that may cause you harm.
- UV Sterilisation Technology: In order to keep the faucet clean, this water dispenser makes use of ultraviolet light that cleans the outlet automatically every hour for 15 minutes.
- Quantity Control: In order to save water, you can adjust the amount of water you get precisely. You have the option to get water in 120 mL, 550 mL and 1,500 mL intervals.
Standard Price: $2,700
- 5-Step Purification System: Wells takes its water purification process very seriously. It makes use of a revolutionary purification system that has five steps, which cleans out sediments, heavy metals, harmful chemicals and microorganisms.
- Infrared Activation: Unlike other water dispensers where you’ll need to press a button to activate it, this model makes use of an infrared motion sensor instead. Once your container is within range, it automatically dispenses water hands-free.
- On-Demand Hot and Cold: Because it has been connected directly into the water supply, you wouldn’t need to wait long to get hot or cold water. Simply activate the dispenser, and you should get the water you want based on your set preferences.
Standard Price: $2,000
- Ultraviolet Filtering Technology: In order to ensure that you’re getting clean drinking water, 3M’s HCD-2 makes use of ultraviolet light to eliminate 99.99% of harmful bacteria and viruses.
- 3-Stage Temperature Control with Quick Heating: Depending on your needs, you can choose to have cold water, hot water or room temperature water on demand. On top of that, if you’re in need of hot water fast, this model can heat water within a matter of seconds, just by pressing the right buttons. It’s also freshly boiled every time to ensure its freshness.
- 1 Year Warranty: Nothing speaks confidence in your own product more than a warranty. 3M offers just that. This particular model has a 1-year warranty where you can have it repaired or totally replaced if it’s not working correctly.
Standard Price: $2,700
- Improved User Interface: You can freely adjust the kind of water you want just by pressing a few buttons. The process is very user-friendly, and your current settings can easily be kept track of on an LCD display on one side of the machine.
- Freely Control Water Ph Levels: Depending on your needs or preferences, you can freely change the alkaline or acidity levels on the water you drink in real time. If you need a more alkaline water for your sensitive stomachs, or more acidic ones for effective cleaning, you can easily change the Ph levels with just a press of a button.
- 6-Layer Purification System: The water that goes through this dispenser undergoes through 6 layers of filtration, ensuring every glass of water you get out of it is free from any harmful components.
Standard Price: $700
- Additional Storage Space: If you have an extra gallon water bottle lying around, you wouldn’t need to worry about the space, since this water dispenser has a bottom compartment where you can safely store it instead.
- Child Safety Lock: The water faucets have safety locks built into them, which means you wouldn’t have to worry about your kids hurting themselves by accident around this dispenser.
- High Capacity Tanks: Although it’s not on-demand, this water dispenser does have large capacity tanks to store water in. This means you can use a lot of warm or cold water before it has to refill these tanks to heat up or cool the water down.
Standard Price: $390
- Dispenses Hot and Cold Water Instantaneously: This dispenser’s faucets work directly through the tank, allowing the water to come out be as smooth as possible.
- High Capacity Tanks: The heating and cooling tanks have decent storage capacities on them, allowing you to use hot or cold water for longer than usual.
- 1-Year Warranty on Internal Parts: If for whatever reason your water dispenser suddenly stops working, you can make use of the warranty it comes with to replace any broken parts.
If you’re looking for more related articles, check out these articles below!
Take a look at some of our other articles here!
- Maid Agency in Singapore: 5 Agencies You Can Trust
- 20 Best Karaoke Places in Singapore
- The 4 Best Printer/Copier Rental in Singapore
- 6 Best Ceiling Fans With Lights in Singapore From $220
- 5 Tote Bags That Will Get You Noticed, Starting From $8
- 8 Great Outdoor Furniture Options in Singapore for Your Home
- 5 of the best tattoo parlours in Singapore
- Top 5 Reliable House Cleaning Services in Singapore
- 5 Best and Reliable Painting Services in Singapore