Looking for a good place to do yoga in Singapore? The right environment and coaching matters, and you want to find a place that keeps you coming back. Your budget also plays a part.
In this article, we look at 10 best places for you to do yoga in Singapore, some of which offer free yoga classes. We also offer several alternatives.
Why do yoga?
The ultimate goal when you’re doing yoga is better wellness, not just physically but also mentally. Here are a few key benefits of doing yoga:
Certain types of yoga, like power yoga, can be very physical. These types of yoga can help strengthen your muscles and can even help you lose weight.
The less physical types of yoga can also help strengthen your core and improve your overall endurance. With proper execution, you can improve the strength of your abdominal muscles, improving your overall posture as well.
Yoga is also known to improve your overall health by lowering your blood pressure. On top of that, it also slows down your heart rate, which is very helpful for people with high blood pressure and heart disease. Additionally, it helps people who have suffered from a stroke cope better.
Plenty of yoga poses involve a lot of stretching for your muscles. These movements help your body move more easily and make them less stiff. These poses will also help warm up your muscles faster, allowing you to use them more efficiently. As a matter of fact, one study has shown that people who have been doing yoga for at least 2 months have become 30% – 35% more flexible.
Find inner peace
Yoga not only has physical benefits, but mental benefits as well. Each pose involves controlling your breathing to a point, or even full-on meditation. This helps you to relax, calming you and alleviating a lot of mental stress that you may be feeling.
Without further ado, let’s get started on our list on the best places to take a yoga class.
10 best places to do yoga in Singapore
Price: $24 per class, $130 per month
- Free trial classes: If you’re on the fence on yoga classes, you have the option to attend a free class to see if it’s suitable for you. You also wouldn’t be pressured into joining a paid class with time-limited sales, either. It’s all about inner peace here. Prices here also seem relatively affordable, so Platinum Yoga may be a feasible option if you’re looking for cheap yoga in Singapore.
- Corporate and group discounts: If you plan on joining a yoga class with your friends, you will end up paying less per individual person per class the more people you are with.
- Flexible classes: There are over 35 different types of yoga classes for you to choose from, each with their own specialities. You can choose anywhere between Yoga and Pilates classes, rope yoga, and power yoga, all depending on your preferences.
|Suntec City Mall||3 Temasek Boulevard North Wing, #02-462, Singapore 038983|
Contact no.: 6837 0234
|Ang Mo Kio||51 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, #02-01, Singapore 569922|
Contact no.: 6259 5432
|Parkway Centre||1 Marine Parade Central, #13-08/09, #11-09, Singapore 449408|
Contact no.: 6348 0809
|Westgate Office Tower||Westgate Tower, 1 Gateway Drive, #26-01, Singapore 608531|
Contact no.: 6250 3903
|Westgate Mall||Westgate Mall, 3 Gateway Drive, #05-03, Singapore 608532|
Contact no.: 6250 3903
|Clementi||Blk 446 Clementi Avenue 3, #01-195, Singapore 120446|
Contact no.: 6970 7538
2) Real Yoga
Price: From $300 for 3 months
- Promotional programmes: Real Yoga runs promotions from time to time, allowing prospective members and current members to receive huge discounts. They also offer members plenty of chances to go on retreats, like a mini vacation whilst they do yoga.
- Flexible instruction: Whether you’re looking for personal instruction or a group instruction, Real Yoga can accommodate your needs well. Plus, they do corporate trainings as well, if you’re planning for a corporate retreat.
- Not just yoga classes: Aside from yoga instruction, you can also go for numerous other classes to improve your overall health. They have other workshops and events that you can take part in from time to time.
|The Centrepoint||176 Orchard Road, #06-07, Singapore 238843|
Contact no.: 6734 2853
|Toa Payoh||600 @ Toa Payoh Lorong 4 Toa Payoh, #02-03, Singapore 319515|
Contact no.: 6258 5118
|Tampines||9 Tampines Grande, #01-14/15, Singapore 528735|
Contact no.: 6604 6084
|Jurong||134 Jurong Gateway Road, #01-311, Singapore 600134|
Contact no.: 6358 4337
3) Yoga Inc.
Price: $30 per class, $300 per month
- Promotional packages: Yoga Inc. offers a variety of packages that give you discounts based on the number of classes you pay for. If you’re a beginner, you may also opt for 5 classes for only $70, which normally will cost you $150.
- Yoga shop: If you’re planning on getting into yoga in Singapore but have no idea what equipment to get, Yoga Inc has its own shop that sells yoga equipment. If you’ve signed up for a membership, you can also get discounts from the shop.
- Good variety of classes: Yoga Inc has a good variety of classes and workshops for people of varying expertise. Whether it’s your first time or a veteran, there’s surely something you can learn here.
|Guillemard||100 Guillemard Road, #01-08, Singapore 399718|
Contact no.: 9326 1789
|Tiong Bahru||21 Yong Siak Street, Singapore 168651|
Contact no.: 9092 3922
|Punggol||9 Sentul Crescent #01-03, Singapore 828654|
Contact no.: 9799 0818
|Tampines||Our Tampines Hub, 1 Tampines Walk, #B1-06, Singapore 528523|
Contact no.: 9360 9860
|Buona Vista||The Star Vista, 1 Vista Exchange Green, #01-16, Singapore 138617|
Contact no.: 8755 3104
Price: From $29.80 per class
- Wide range of classes: Upside Motion offers Pilates classes, as well as Barre and Aerial classes that add a new twist to traditional yoga. Whether you’re looking to tone your body, improve your flexibility, or simply to find inner peace, Upside Motion might have what you’re looking for.
- Group and corporate discounts: If you have a group of friends, or if you have workmates that are interested in starting out on yoga, you can consider asking them along to join you at Upside Motion.
|Armenian Street||36 Armenian Street #02-03, Singapore 179934|
|Orchard||321 Orchard Road #04-05, Orchard Shopping Centre, Singapore 238866|
|Shenton||6A Shenton Way B1-01/02, Downtown Gallery, Singapore 068815|
5) Jal Yoga
Price: $125 per month
- Free trial class: Jal Yoga understands that yoga might not be the easiest thing to get into. That’s why they offer a free trial class if you’re on the fence on joining a class to practice yoga in Singapore. They also offer this trial class without pressuring you with limited-time discounts.
- Various types of classes: With over 30 types of yoga, pilates, and barre classes to choose from, there’s something for everyone. One type of yoga class they specialise in is infrared heat yoga. These yoga classes have infrared panels that warm your skin and muscles up as you do your poses. This not only encourages relaxation, but also increases the effectiveness of the other benefits of yoga.
- Classes of varying levels: Most of Jal Yoga’s classes are specifically formulated to help a good variety of people, whether it’s their first-time doing yoga or not.
|Alexandra||991 Alexandra Road, #01-03A, Singapore 119964|
Contact no.: 6251 0028
|Bukit Timah||260 Upp Bt Timah Road, #02-01, Singapore 588190|
Contact no.: 6732 1483
|Upper Thomson||213 Upp Thomson Road, #01-01, Singapore 574348|
Contact no.: 6258 9621
|Woodlands||30 Woodlands Ave 1, #02-5A, Singapore 739065|
Contact no.” 6909 9829
|East Coast||213 Upp Thomson Rd, #01-01, Singapore 574348|
Contact no.: 6241 3758
Price: $30 per class, $250 per month
- Hybrid yoga classes: Yoga+ offers a unique yoga experience to everyone who wishes to join. Besides offering classes at basic and intermediate levels, they also have classes in mixed level. Depending on your expertise level, you can choose which classes to partake in and adjust everything based on your preferences.
- Collaborations with local initiatives: Aside from yoga, Yoga+ also does collaborative works with local art studios and bookshops. This not only improves the overall community it also introduces you to a good number of local stores through art jams and book clubs that you can participate outside the mat.
- Fundraising: Every once in a while, Yoga+ organise fundraising for different causes. If you want to stay fit and make a difference at the same time, then make sure you check the Yoga+ schedule. They may have something that can help.
|Pagoda Street||28A Pagoda Street, Singapore 059188|
|Arab Street||36B Arab Street, Singapore 199735|
|Tanjong Pagar||89B Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088510|
Price: $28 per class, $250 per month
- Promotional packages: Whether you’re in a group, or are planning on taking multiple classes, All About Yoga has a package just for you. These packages offer discounts that make living healthy much easier on your wallet.
- Variety of yoga classes: From aerial yoga to the heavily core-focused TRX exercise, there’s a yoga class waiting just for you. It also wouldn’t matter if you’re new to yoga or not, you can easily jump right in whatever your background is on yoga.
- Well-equipped studios: All About Yoga’s studios are well-furnished and are large enough that it doesn’t feel cramped during a class.
- 30 Tai Seng Street, #08-04 BreadTalk IHQ, Singapore 534013
- Contact number: 6243 6525
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $35 per class
- Promotional discounts: Although no cheaper than other yoga studios, Yoga Movement does offer some of the best promotional packages around. Even so if you’re with a large group of people.
- Free intro to yoga: If you’re new to yog in general, Yoga Movement offers a free 30-minute tutorial on it. This will give you a basic idea of what to expect and get you acquainted on all you need to know before your class.
- Multi-levelled classes: Yoga Movement divides its classes into very different levels, allowing you to see a clear path of progression. Depending on your individual needs and tolerance, you can also pace or push yourself based as you wish.
|Orchard||22 Orchard Rd, #02-01, Singapore 238885|
|River Valley||22 Martin Rd, #02-01, Singapore 239058|
|Tanjong Pagar||21 Tanjong Pagar Rd, #02-01, Singapore 088444|
|East Coast||237 East Coast Rd, #02-01, Singapore 428930|
|Tiong Bahru||11 Yong Siak St, Singapore 168646|
|Lorong Telok||1A Lorong Telok, Singapore 049014|
Tel: 6883 2209
Free yoga in Singapore
- Free yoga sessions: This yoga program is a free fitness program offered by the Health Promotional Board (HPB). It only runs 1 hour in the morning, but classes are free without any hidden costs.
- Quality classes: Although the programme lets you do free yoga in Singapore, this doesn’t mean the Health Promotional Board skimps on the quality of these yoga sessions. These classes are paid for by the government and can be as good as any other yoga studio.
- Classes held in various studios around the CBD
- Tel: 6435 3500
10) Nikam Yoga
Price: Free, some venues may charge a $5 – $10 registration fee
- Free classes: Nikam Yoga is an organisation that focuses on teaching rather than earning money. They offer a free 12-week yoga course aimed for beginners, making it a great place to start doing yoga if you haven’t begun yet.
- Various locations: Nikam Yoga’s classes are held at various locations islandwide, from schools to temples, making yoga even more accessible for everyone.
- Various levels of courses: They also offer classes for people with varying experience with yoga. Whether it’s your first time, or have been practicing yourself for a good while, you can find something here.
|Ramakrishna Mission||179 Bartley Road, Singapore 539784|
|Onepeople.sg||Opposite Braddell MRT, Singapore 319758|
|Bishan Junction 8 Mall||Rooftop garden Level 3, above Bishan MRT & next to Bishan Bus Interchange), Singapore 579837|
|Sri Thendayuthapani Temple||15 Tank Road, Singapore 238065|
|Sri Mariamman Temple||244 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058793|
|Leng Kee Community Club||400 Lengkok Bahru, Singapore 159049|
|Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple||141 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218042|
|Kallang Stadium||100 Plus Promenade|
|Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple||397 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218123|
|The Grassroots Club (YCK)||190 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, Singapore 568046|
|GIIS Punggol||27 Punggol Field Walk, Singapore 828649|
|Global Indian International School – EC||82 Cheviot Hill, East Coast, Singapore 459663|
|Sree Ramar Temple||51 Changi Village Road, Singapore 509908|
|JCube Mall||JStage – Level 5 Jurong East, Singapore 609731|
|Bukit Panjang Primary School||109 Cashew Road, Singapore 679676|
|Keat Hong Community Club||Auditorium Level 1, 2 Chua Chu Kang Loop, Singapore 689687|
|IMM||Garden Plaza @ Level 3, IMM Building 2 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609601|
Other places to do yoga in Singapore
Price: $35 per class, $295 per month
- A large variety of classes: Hom Yoga offers a large number of classes taught by highly experienced teachers. Each of these classes have a unique focus such as muscle strength, breathing, or meditation.
- Focus on sustainability: Hom Yoga aims to be as environmentally responsible as possible, minimising their energy consumption as well as their usage in plastic bags. For those looking to do yoga in Singapore and also happen to be keen on sustainability, this might be one factor that gets them sold.
- Retail shop: This yoga studio also offers a good variety of products you can buy. Not only do they sell yoga equipment, they also sell organic products, such as soaps and shampoos.
|River Valley||491 River Valley Road #01-18/19, Singapore 248371|
|Orchard||181 Orchard Road #06-12/13, Singapore 238896|
|Canton Street||3 Canton St #02-01, Singapore 049745|
Price: $38 per class, $300 per month
- Wide range of classes: The Yoga School holds a good variety of classes, not only with yoga, but also everything regarding other workouts, including Pilates. If you’ve recently had a child, Yoga School also offers postnatal yoga classes for you.
- Free equipment use: Are you lacking a mat and towels? The Yoga School provides these items, as well as water and props for you free of charge. All you’ll ever need when attending class is your dedication to learn.
- Great location with a great view: The Yoga School is unique in that its wide studio overlooks the skyline of Singapore. This serenely beautiful view allows you to further relax and maximise your yoga experience.
- 65 Chulia Street, #39-01, OCBC Centre, Singapore 04951
- Contact number: 6532 8228
- Email: email@example.com
Price: $175 per month
- Membership programmes: By signing up as a member, you’re eligible for discounts and packages. Members are also provided reference materials, such as books and magazines.
- Yoga equipment provided: Don’t have any equipment? Not a problem. Iyengar Yoga Centre provides you with the necessary equipment for free.
- Well-equipped facilities: Not only is the studio itself well-furnished and air-conditioned, they also have private showers, where you can cool down after an intense session.
- 1 Goldhill Plaza (Podium Block) #02 – 31, Singapore 308899
- Contact number: 6356 5202
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $35 per class, $310 per month
- Yoga class with music: Freedom Yoga offers a unique experience by exploring the benefits of music while you do yoga. Usually, yoga is done in complete silence in order to make meditation easier. Freedom Yoga has found a way to not only incorporate music seamlessly with yoga, but also help improve the experience.
- First timer discount: For first-timers looking to do yoga in Singapore, Freedom Yoga offers a huge discount for your first class. If you’re not sure if you can commit to their classes, you can try going for one first.
- Promotional packages: Whether you’re planning on getting more than one class at one go, or just for a specific time of the year, you can count on Freedom Yoga to give you a discount one way or another.
- Heng Da Building, 137 Cecil Street / #13–01, Singapore 069537, Contact number: 6222 6096
- Email: email@example.com
Price: From $190 per month
- Open until late: Want to do yoga in Singapore but have a really busy schedule?. True Yoga’s studios are open until 11 pm, which means you can still do yoga late in the evening.
- Well-equipped facilities: With 8 well-equipped studios, along with showers, steam rooms, and lockers, True Yoga definitely has what it takes to make your experience as comfortable and perfect as possible.
- Promotional packages: Every once in a while, True Yoga sets up promotions and discounts to encourage both new and old members to join in any of their classes.
- 9 Scotts Road, Level 4, Pacific Plaza, Singapore 228210
- Contact number: 6733 9555
Price: $35 per class, $228 per month
- Promotions and discounts: Shiva Yoga constantly gives away discounts and promotions. If you’re looking to try their class, but don’t want to pay the full price, check their page every once in a while. They may have a promotion running.
- First timer discount: If you haven’t been to Shiva Yoga and would like to drop by for a class, you can enjoy the first timer discount. You can join a class for $10 or pay for 4 classes for only $38.
- Good variety of classes: From hot yoga, back therapy, to hatha yoga, Shiva Yoga has a variety of classes for you to choose from, depending on your ability and current health needs.
- Level 3, 159B Rochor Road, Bugis Village, Singapore 188434
- Contact number: 6336 2060
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $30 per class, $300 per month
- Transferable class cards: Assuming you’ve paid for 6 months, but are somehow unable to attend for 2 months, you’ll still have the option to give them to someone else. That’s right, yoga classes are transferable in Anahata Yoga, whether you paid the full price or got them through a discount.
- Yoga retreats and events: Every once in a while, Anahata Yoga hosts a variety of yoga-related events and retreats. If you want to do yoga in Singapore and want a change in the environment now and then, check out Anahata every once in a while as they may have what you’re looking for.
- First-timer discounts: You can enjoy the first-timer discount if you’re looking to try Anahata Yoga out for the first time. You can get 2 classes for only $20, which is one-third the usual price.
- 4A Haji Lane, Singapore 189197
- Email: email@example.com
Price: $36 per class, $280 per month
- Variety of classes: Whether you’re looking to strengthen your core or find inner peace, Club Yoga definitely has the class for you, from traditional yoga to aerial yoga.
- Package discounts: If you intend to attend a class with friends or pay for multiple classes all at once, there are many discounts you can benefit from.
- Fully-equipped studios: Club Yoga has spacious environments to do their classes, making sure that you can maximize your ability to find inner peace without feeling smothered.
- 28B Hong Kong Street, Singapore 059667
- Tel: 6909 2080
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $35 per class, $250 per month
- Flexible classes: Aside from traditional forms of Yoga like Hatha and Vinsaya, Masters Yoga Sadhan also offers a variety of its own unique classes to suit your unique needs. If you want to improve your flexibility, they have wall rope yoga. If you want to improve overall posture, you can try healthy back yoga.
- Corporate and group discounts: If you have friends who want to do yoga as well, Masters Yoga Sadhan offers discounts for multiple attendees.
- First-timer discount: If you’re thinking of trying out Masters Yoga Sadhan for the first time, you’re in luck. They have a first-timer discount, where you can have 3 classes for only $30. That’s just $10 class.
- 77A Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088498
- Tel: 9774 8494
- E-mail: email@example.com
Price: $30 per class, $220 per month
- Starter pack promotions: If you’re a dedicated yoga student and it’s your first time at Hale Yoga, you can get a huge discount by purchasing 6 classes in one go for $90. This makes each class worth $15 each, basically half the usual price.
- Class packages: Hale Yoga’s has many class packages to choose from, with huge discounts for multiple classes.
- Full facilities: Aside from a spacious yoga studio, Hale Yoga also has other amenities, such as shower rooms where you can use a free towel.
- 144 Robinson Road, Robinson Square, #19-02, Singapore 068908
- Tel: 6581 3200
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $30 per class, $210 per month
- Flexible classes: You can pick what classes to attend based on your preferences and lifestyle needs.
- Priority classes: Yoga Lab focuses more on the individual rather than the group. Unlike other yoga studios, Yoga Lab prefers to keep their classes small, so the teachers can easily focus on the needs of each individual.
- Cheap rentals: If you don’t have the necessary equipment, you can always rent from Yoga Lab. You can rent a towel for $2 per class and rent a yoga mat for free.
|Loewen Road||27A Loewen Rd., Singapore 248839|
|North Canal Road||10 North Canal Road, Level 2, Singapore 048823|
|East Coast||135 East Coast Road, #03-01, Singapore 428820|
|Boon Tat Street||27 Boon Tat Street, Level 2, Singapore 069623|
Price: $35 per class, $220 per month
- No expiry on classes: Unlike most yoga studios, The Yoga Collective doesn’t have expiry dates on any of their classes. So, if you decide to pay for multiple classes, there’s no pressure to finish them all up as soon as possible, since they will always be valid.
- Discount on intro class: The Yoga Collective offers a discount for first- timers looking to get into one of their classes. You can pay for 3 classes for only $45, making each class cost only $15.
- Promotional packages: Every once in a while, The Yoga Collective offers free trials and other promotions that can help you save a lot of money. It’s definitely worth checking their page every now and then.
- 723A North Bridge Rd, Singapore 198691
- Tel: 9624 9705
Price: $35 per class
- Loyalty packages: The more classes you sign up for, the bigger discounts you can get, up to as much as $13 per class for 50 classes. This is a perfect way to sign up for multiple people at a time.
- Starter packages: New members also get their own discounts if they purchase 10 classes. They’ll only need to pay $17 per class, making it a pretty good deal if you’re fresh learner interested to do yoga in Singapore.
- Flexible classes: Each class offered by Tirisula Yoga has unique offerings, depending on your health and lifestyle needs.
|Geylang||720 Geylang Road, #02-01, Singapore 389631|
|Smith Street||50B Smith Street, Singapore 058958|
Price: $40 per class, $198 per month
- Membership discounts: If you sign up for a full membership, you will pay significantly less for each class. For a monthly membership, you can attend any class you want per month for only $198 monthly. But if you decide to pay for an entire year in one go, you’ll only need to pay $148 per month.
- First timer discount: Lava Yoga also offers discounts for first timers. If it’s your first-time visiting Lava Yoga, you can have a 50% discount on your first class and pay only $20 for it.
- Wide variety of classes: If you want to do yoga in Singapore and not restrict yourself to a certain type of yoga, Lava Yoga offers a good variety of classes focusing on different aspects of yoga. Some classes focus on strengthening your pelvis, while others focus more on trimming down your fat. Depending on your needs, Lava Yoga probably has a class for you.
- 112 East Coast Road, #02-19/20, Singapore 428802
- Contact number: 6636 1562
- Email: email@example.com
Price: $30 per class, $210 per month
- Flexible classes: You can adjust which class you can attend based entirely on your preferences and your lifestyle needs. The staff will happily accommodate you depending on your requirements.
- Priority classes: Yoga Lab focuses more on the individual, rather than the group. Unlike other yoga studios, Yoga Lab prefers to keep their classes small, so the teachers can easily focus on the needs of each individual.
- Cheap rentals: If you don’t have the necessary equipment, you can rent from Yoga Lab. You can rent a towel for $2 per class, and you can rent the yoga mat itself for free.
- 135 East Coast Road, #03-01, Singapore 428820
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Price: $30 per class, $260 per month
- First-timer discount: If you want to start doing yoga in Singapore with Art of Yoga, you can get a good discount. At $70, you can get 5 classes, making each class cost only $14.
- Pre-natal and kids yoga: If you’re looking to have your kids start with yoga or are expecting yourself, Art of Yoga has some classes that you might be interested in. If you’re not entirely sure of these classes, then they have their own trial discounts as well.
- Rewards program: Art of Yoga treats its loyal customers well through its rewards program. Not only do members get exclusive discounts, they could also get free classes or even a tote bag once they’ve accumulated enough points.
- 119/121 Upper East Coast Road, #02-01, Singapore 455245
- Tel: 9863 9610
- Email: email@example.com
While you’re here, take a look at these related articles:
- 10 Best Foot Reflexology Places in Singapore to Ease Your Aches
- 10 Best Massage Parlours in Singapore to Work Out Those Muscle Knots (2020)
- 10 Best Chiropractors in Singapore to Soothe Your Body Pains
- The Best Thai Massage Places in Singapore From $55/Hour
- 20 Best Karaoke Places in Singapore to Sing Your Heart Out With Friends
- Bowling in Singapore: Top 10 Alleys From $3.40 a Game
- Up Your Style with These 9 Culottes Starting from $5
- 10 Best Hair Salons in Singapore for Women for a New Look
- 6 Best Dating Sites in Singapore to Meet Other Singles (2020)
- 4 Best Flower Delivery Services in Singapore